PDA

View Full Version : Hi All...not an Owner yet..but looking hard..even put an ad out with 100 reward

glasgowgolfer
04-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Hi Guys,
I am currently on the hunt for a Nova... so all going well I will update you with good news...
Obviously these bad boys are becoming harder to find, especially as I want something that doesn't need too much work done to her,

cheers

Dave

islandman
04-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Dave,

They tend to be like buses, you don't see one for ages then three come together! Having said that if you are after a sorted one, then they about as hard to find as rocking horse shit :ermm:. Realistically even if one looks sorted it's what lies beneath that counts, and that you only find out when you try to live with it day to day and get the little surprises.

So just be prepared for a bit of work (there are options to outsource it if necessary).

glasgowgolfer
04-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Thanks David

Yea I know I have my work cut out finding a decent one, I suppose its also right time right place, so If I put my wanted messages out you just never know, I am currently chatting re: the Black one near Liverpool, Im not too sharp mechanically....a Corsair flat 6 engine & Porsche gearbox sounds expensive if summit goes wrong...

I was gutted to loose my last Nova...many years ago due to redundancy ...she handled like a shopping trolley but I just think the shape & the roof entrance is the coolest out there...

cheers

Dave

glasgowgolfer
04-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Love your Mirrors, Opening windows & Front lights / indicators ...fabulous job. ;o)

Peter
04-04-2016, 12:22 PM
Thanks David

Yea I know I have my work cut out finding a decent one, I suppose its also right time right place, so If I put my wanted messages out you just never know, I am currently chatting re: the Black one near Liverpool, Im not too sharp mechanically....a Corsair flat 6 engine & Porsche gearbox sounds expensive if summit goes wrong...

I was gutted to loose my last Nova...many years ago due to redundancy ...she handled like a shopping trolley but I just think the shape & the roof entrance is the coolest out there...

cheers

Dave

No more than a VW and more reliable, NOT a 3L, they didn't make above 2.7L and with dual single choke carbs it's probably a 2.4L and you would be lucky to see 90hp, less than my VW1600. IF you are serious about buying a Nova, I would get this one, ready to drive in a weekend, very rare indeed.

glasgowgolfer
04-04-2016, 12:32 PM
No more than a VW and more reliable, NOT a 3L, they didn't make above 2.7L and with dual single choke carbs it's probably a 2.4L and you would be lucky to see 90hp, less than my VW1600. IF you are serious about buying a Nova, I would get this one, ready to drive in a weekend, very rare indeed.

Thanks Peter

Ha ready to drive in a weekend... my mechanical skills are a tad lacking...I know she aint a box of bits...had a wee butcher thru David Skinners most excellent build and jesus...just awesome....
I am currently waiting on a few more photos, glasgow to liverpool not too bad but this week hectic..off abroad on Saturday for a week, but Im sure she will keep it for me if I leave a small deposit ...

cheers
Dave