PDA

View Full Version : Body Change - Eagle SS

benherron
08-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Hi,

Just to update/help everyone.
In Jan I sent a new V627/1 off to the DVLA along with the old v5 (v5c was kept last time it was sent to dvla) with a few pictures and all the correct part numbers of the car. Also a note requesting change for MOT and insurance purposes & address change.
Was sent with 2 other car V5c's for address change.

Came back this month with Eagle SS in the Make. No other model etc. Colour + body type changed. All good, no inspection needed.

For reference it was this form.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/built-up-vehicle-inspection-report

Cheers
Ben

Small p.s: I may need to part ways with the car soon due to other commitments, if anyone is interested drop me a line, if I get desperate I will post something in the for sale section.

benherron
08-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Also for reference the two images sent with the form, plus some previous build up pics.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt288/benherron/IMG_5941_zpsinlnodiv.jpg
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt288/benherron/e01a9c89-4dbe-459a-9810-2bf2d76fd10e_zpstotyyfpb.jpg

steve
08-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Nice update - thanks.
What is the back story on the car? was it SORN'd? why did you need to contact DVLA?

Steve

benherron
08-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Backstory is that none of the previous owners registered/completed it since being brought, so in effect new build. it hasnt even been drilled for bolting to a chassis yet.

I brought it in 2008 and tried to register it several times with the dvla who kept asking to do an inspection.

However (chelmsford at least) would not inspect without it being complete, which i felt was a chicken/egg senario as i wasnt about to spend huge finishing the car without an inspection, so i held off.

With the dvla offices having gone and us moving (again), i decided to try the form/photo route and it went through.

jim73vw
09-04-2016, 08:58 AM
Hi,

Just to update/help everyone.
In Jan I sent a new V627/1 off to the DVLA along with the old v5 (v5c was kept last time it was sent to dvla) with a few pictures and all the correct part numbers of the car. Also a note requesting change for MOT and insurance purposes & address change.
Was sent with 2 other car V5c's for address change.

Came back this month with Eagle SS in the Make. No other model etc. Colour + body type changed. All good, no inspection needed.

For reference it was this form.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/built-up-vehicle-inspection-report

Cheers
Ben

Small p.s: I may need to part ways with the car soon due to other commitments, if anyone is interested drop me a line, if I get desperate I will post something in the for sale section.

Good result, and exactly as I described with my similar success with our LWB Apal buggy build.

It is possible, but as always comes down to the quality of information provided and how it is interpreted.

I also got my logbook for the Nova back this week after reclassifying as Historic Vehicle, as was a 74 but SORN when rolling exemption started. So now free road tax 😀

Peter
09-04-2016, 11:37 AM
Backstory is that none of the previous owners registered/completed it since being brought, so in effect new build. it hasnt even been drilled for bolting to a chassis yet.

I brought it in 2008 and tried to register it several times with the dvla who kept asking to do an inspection.

However (chelmsford at least) would not inspect without it being complete, which i felt was a chicken/egg senario as i wasnt about to spend huge finishing the car without an inspection, so i held off.

With the dvla offices having gone and us moving (again), i decided to try the form/photo route and it went through.

I wish it was that easy here, paperwork hell! I need an inspection and report just to START the process.

benherron
12-04-2016, 10:30 AM
Easy wouldnt be the term I would use but the final form was, I agree, simple enough.
I certainly would like the cumulative hours either wasted at Chelmsford DVLA, on the phone, or writing to Swansea's finest, back. Just hope it helps others registering their cars correctly, seems the best/easiest time to do it.