PDA

View Full Version : sunroof

Buffy
01-10-2016, 06:27 PM
Had a constructive chat with someone today...

Should you always fit a sunroof to a nova?

Views and thoughts please ...

Buffy

BlueNova
01-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Hi Buffy. Mine came with a sunroof already fitted. If I was building a new Nova I'd definitely fit one ... as a useful means of escape in the event that the hydraulics failed on the roof .
Cheers, Alistair

Phill
01-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Yes I think a sunroof is practically essential to ensure you can escape in the event of an accident. I had a crash in my first car and had to break out through a side window. It would have been much easier to get out had I fitted a sunroof. Consequently when the car was repaired I did fit a sunroof for that very reason. Secondly opening the sunroof provides much needed ventilation in damp weather which helps to prevent the screen from misting

BlueNova
01-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Haha ... yes Phill, you're spot on. I'd forgotten about the misting problem (it's been 25 years since I last drove it)

Note to self for my rebuild ... improve ventilation (and heating!!)

... my 'to do' list is getting longer and longer!

Alistair

Spacenut
03-10-2016, 09:33 PM
I agree - if your car has any kind of canopy assistance (hydraulics, linacs etc.) then some form of escape hatch is pretty essential. I can't imagine there are any manual canopy Novas on the road these days. I know I haven't had a sunroof on the Green Machine since I got back on the road in 2006, but I intend to graft a '74 sunroof panel in very soon. Only for emergencies though :D

Lauren

Gmacz
03-10-2016, 10:12 PM
An open sunroof gives you extra headroom as well.
Makes all the difference in terms of comfort if you are tall.