Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1039

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

Very annoying David, but better at this stage than later

Looking good though, the finished dash will look very OEM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I am sure you will get there, just stay focused and all will be fine 👍

That's pants, but as Peter says better now than later. Still looking good though.

Dirk

Well, I slept on the problem and tackled it this morning instead. I got the first blanking section fitted in on the buck starting to get ready for the mold. The centre section fake wood surround now sits as it should, but.........

This is the cut I had to make in the previously finished work to get it to pull back into shape, I guess I'm going to be getting the foam out again and reworking this section

Overall it had to move over about 1.5cm

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    I had a very similar experience when I was doing my dashboard - I used 2-part expanding foam to backfill around the various heater and vent pipes running through the dashboard panel and found that the stuff kept shrinking and pulling the fibreglass panel out of shape. In fact, the stuff shrank so much it pulled the ends of the dashboard panel in so much that they would no longer reach the inside of the body tub, so I had to cut right through the dash to relieve the tension and then backfill again...

Hopefully the smaller fill area will prevent the distortion happening again.

Overall its looking good!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

I'm glad it looks like you have it sorted. Its food for thought when attempting this kind of thing to perhaps try and incorporate internal braces?

Dirk

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Very frustrating David, but if it helps ....

My daughter dragged me do a car dealer this morning and agreed to buy a white BMW 3 series. I don't know how she can afford it (let alone insure it!!) because she's only 21. As she took it for a test drive with the salesman in the front passenger seat and 'old Dad' in the back, I was looking at the dash and thinking "I really like that dash ... but it's probably too wide for a Nova?"

Anyway, what struck me was I'd much rather take the time to create something for my Nova rather than go to a dealer and buy an expensive car which loads of others can also do.

So keep striving to be different!!

Alistair

Blog Entries
    Well done mate, you don't become the king of expandable foam, without being able to fix issues such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I'm glad it looks like you have it sorted. Its food for thought when attempting this kind of thing to perhaps try and incorporate internal braces?

Dirk
    The irony is there was an internal brace! Which obviously I got wrong...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    "I really like that dash ... but it's probably too wide for a Nova?"

anything is possible, the Subaru dash I started with was far too wide for the Nova too .