Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

Hybrid View

1st Nova & the unregistered one

Hi all,

I do hope this is the last move!

Anyway, here are a few pictures of my 2 novas, the old (multi-coloured getting ready for paint – soon I hope!) and the brown one, untouched and likely to remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Before you throw yourself on the cutlery, check out a windscreen repairers, I had a 4'' crack in a Mercedes screen repaired, couldn't see it.

It probably cracked because you stopped the heating and the heat had not radiated into all the glass leaving the corner 'cold'.
    If you can't get it repaired maybe some super-glue will fill the crack by capillary action, maybe, perhaps.

Sent from my INGO-TAB using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Peter; 29-04-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    I'm really sorry to see that Dave. I hope there is something that can fix the crack.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

crack

Oh bu..er Dave, I was looking forward to seeing the finished result, would check with Pilkingtons as surely it should not have cracked there as opposite end to heat source, and was not under any pressure. Good luck.
    Phi 1.618 is more universal than pi 3.142

Damn Dave, that's not good. Hope you get something worked out.

And it is £4 meter from Seals?

Sent from my LG-E730 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Peter; 16-05-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

1st Nova & the unregistered one

Would it worth making a pair of moulds and pulling some off to sell?
    I must say that given the $8000 needed I would buy one in a flash I love the Nova/SS cars and this is a nice update, kinda MkV Nova, Shame Dave in the States hasn't done the same with the Stirling.

I meant the car+ shipping

Depending on the length available between pedal arm and through link I was thinking of a pair of 5mm rose joints with a long 5mm nut between.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk

I finally got round to progressing the windscreen wiper cover. I put one more layer of body filler on the PU Foam buck. I sanded it down and made it reasonably smooth although not perfect, as it was only going to the inside of the part so didn’t need a mirror finish.

Then I applied mold wax and buffed it to a shine, then followed it up with two coats of PVA release agent and allowed to dry. Oh yeah also made a temporary stand to stop me having to hold the part with wet resin whilst working the piece. Of all the fiberglass work I have done this finish is probably the best I have achieved.

Then I applied fiberglass tissue as the first layer, followed by 2 layers of chopped mat.

Once I have trimmed off the excess I was planning to smooth the surface with body filler. However I have rethought this as the surface has turned out quite smooth with just a nice texured effect from the chopped mat so I now plan to just paint it matt black before fitting. I will also leave the buck inside for now so it keeps its shape and only dig it out and do the remaining trimming once I take it back to the UK.

So that just leaves the 64 million dollar question, did I shape the foam correctly or did I go to far and will it foul the wiper motor………only time will tell…..
    Last edited by islandman; 19-07-2015 at 06:25 AM.

Looks good!!