Page 122 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1237

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    It looks very good. Does it also fold in electrically as well?

Dirk
    Unfortunately not, just push to fold, However it seems that there are JDM versions that do have auto fold, but they tend to be expensive on the second hand market. I may have a look to see if any look reasonable.

I do like the "puddle light" feature though, I was thinking of linking this to the canopy power to they light up when going up/down...maybe with a delay timer also.

Last edited by islandman; 23-11-2020 at 02:58 AM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I like the puddle light that's a nice touch. £100 for Brett's find is a bargin with power fold and they are your side of the world you could probably go and collect

Dirk

Thanks, I was actually messaging that same seller yesterday on another set, but this one is cheaper than the set I found.

He still wants a fortune for shipping though
    Last edited by islandman; 24-11-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    they are your side of the world you could probably go and collect

Dirk
    our border to Malaysia is currently closed, and the seller wants to charge as though its coming from the US first class!

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    our border to Malaysia is currently closed, and the seller wants to charge as though its coming from the US first class!
    I've noticed that none of those mirrors come with the switch or any of the wiring harness. How hard will it be to get those?

The mirror wont be much good if you can't get the proper switch and wire harness to operate all those fancy options.

Hi David maye you could use something like these
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F383819721524

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I've noticed that none of those mirrors come with the switch or any of the wiring harness. How hard will it be to get those?

The mirror wont be much good if you can't get the proper switch and wire harness to operate all those fancy options.

You are right, I had seen some JDM control panels / switches advertised. I was taking it one step at a time, and assumed these were not body computer controlled so figured it would be +/- wire close, reverse for open. My plan was to see once they turned up and play around with the wiring…LOL . I got all the other functions working in terms of mirror adjustment, heater element and puddle lights, these thankfully were basic and standard. I'm hoping the folding is the same and not like the BMW ones that need a BCU

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    Thanks Mike, never even thought such gizmo’s existed
    Last edited by islandman; 24-11-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Well my new (quite old actually, and non-matching covers) auto fold Mazda RX8 mirrors turned up. So I started the familiar drill of cutting the mounts down considerably to fit the space I needed them for. Now I had both I tried to match the left and right as best I could.

This was followed by using fiberglass filler, embedding captive nuts and general shaping to something that looked as though it followed the lines of the window and overall car design touches. I was quite happy with these, and I made them look less chunky than the last one I did. I also lowered the angle slightly to make it closer to the horizontal plane when mounted.

These also fold back manually………

or as per the video via a switch

https://youtu.be/smafbpoaGfo

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Looking good, very cool.

Dirk