Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 1,031 to 1,039 of 1039

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Very frustrating David, but if it helps ....

My daughter dragged me do a car dealer this morning and agreed to buy a white BMW 3 series. I don't know how she can afford it (let alone insure it!!) because she's only 21. As she took it for a test drive with the salesman in the front passenger seat and 'old Dad' in the back, I was looking at the dash and thinking "I really like that dash ... but it's probably too wide for a Nova?"

Anyway, what struck me was I'd much rather take the time to create something for my Nova rather than go to a dealer and buy an expensive car which loads of others can also do.

So keep striving to be different!!

Alistair
    There are BMW 3 series and there are BMW 3 series. The OLDER the better, newer ones depreciate each year, old ones, (pre-1989) go UP in value.

My 1987 320i cost me 1200€ 6 years ago, now worth 3,800€ and I LOVE IT. Not every one can go buy one either, getting rare., gets nearly as many looks as one of our cars, (Nova/SS/Avanti)
    IMG353.jpg
    Last edited by Peter; 06-01-2020 at 12:44 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?Ē JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Ah yes, my mate had one of those as a sales rep back in the day, I loved it. Really bullet proof motor

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    There are BMW 3 series and there are BMW 3 series. The OLDER the better, newer ones depreciate each year, old ones, (pre-1989) go UP in value.

My 1987 320i cost me 1200Ä 6 years ago, now worth 3,800Ä and I LOVE IT. Not every one can go buy one either, getting rare., gets nearly as many looks as one of our cars, (Nova/SS/Avanti)
    IMG353.jpg
    Nice profit Peter! I prefer the older ones too.

As you might expect a 21 year old girl prefers to go for more 'bling' to show off, so hers is only 4 years old. I kept telling her, 'more bling means more to go wrong, and the more modern the car, the more likely it's a garage job so it'll cost her more' .... but ye cannae put on old head on young shoulders!

Well Iíve be periodically working on the dash, I really really hate sanding and filling, that is why I havenít posted much, its soul destroying as there are always more blemishes to refill and sand once done!

It is however ready for paint, Iíll let the paint shop do the final finish.

I redid the side profile and came down a bit lower

I donít like seeing fiberglass parts without return edges and just flat cut off sections so I spent quite a bit of time on the underside of the dash making of return edge profiles with foam and filler. It also means there is less chance to catch your legs on rough edges getting in and out of the car.

I made some reliefs in the sides where the hydraulic rams go to allow for the movement and fixings etc.

So when Iím back from my work trip overseas Iíll head to the paint shop and see what kind of quotes I get for the final finish

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I only have one thing to say,

I hope it fits !

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Looking good Dave

The recess for the rams is important - I didn't make mine deep enough and now have a witness mark on the drivers side
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Its looking great. I agree with the returns although a pain to do they do make for a much better finished look.

Dirk

On mine I made soft pads for the bottom of the dash (below alloy trim) with spray foam and covered with gaffer tape and leatherette.

Dash1.jpg
    MkI, in red, now in black Alcantara

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?Ē JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Blog Entries
    Looking very nice - well done