Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1237

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Great work David! I like the Ďless chunky, more horizontalí look.

Thanks for all the kind words, Iím just glad that is another job ticked off the list. It was Brett who put me onto looking at the Mazda RX8 mirrors in the first place, so Iím thankful for that steer.

My only unknown that is left is if the angle of the mirrors relative to the drivers seating position is about right to that I can see over the Nova rear arches and the mirrors have enough adjustment to compensate as required. These are kind of swept back versus the ones on my Blue Nova. Having said that the dimension of the RX8 are sort of similar to the Nova so it ought to be OK.

Iím almost running out of jobs that can be accomplished remote from the car, Iíd love to tackle the rear end (but Iíd need a rear end here to start with), or maybe the engine cover, but both need me to have access to the car to do those properly and take measurements etc..

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Iím almost running out of jobs that can be accomplished remote from the car, Iíd love to tackle the rear end (but Iíd need a rear end here to start with), or maybe the engine cover, but both need me to have access to the car to do those properly and take measurements etc..
    It must be infuriating!

As for the rear, as you know I made my own which is included in the Nova Mods manual. However I was really inspired by the Polycreations rear end that Steve bought and am already thinking about losing the Vauxhall rear lights (which reflect the louvres, but are very 1980's!?!) and am looking for round lights that could replace them

Still lots to do on my build before I get to that stage but it's always great to plan ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    and am looking for round lights that could replace them

Yes I am torn on the lights also. I was looking at Audi A3/4 inner boot lid lights, but I always gravitate back towards round lights, I guess its a function of growing up in the 70's / 80's when supercars such as Ferrari's tended to have twin round rear lights

The bumper on my other Nova was designed for the Opel Manta lights

but they did look a little dated so I ended up updating them to Ferrari 355 round lights.

Last edited by islandman; 02-12-2020 at 05:25 AM.

Those mirrors certainly look the business. very nice, well jealous.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?Ē JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Yes I am torn on the lights also. I was looking at Audi A3/4 inner boot lid lights, but I always gravitate back towards round lights
    At one time I was considering the tail lights from a Chevrolet HHR. From the picture it looks to have amber colored turn signals.
    This version looks to use led lights but I think the oem lights use standard light bulbs.

HHR Lights.jpg

I think the aftermarket world makes different versions of them.
    I was planning to put them in the top section . If interested I can get you the size. And if I remember right they didn't mount perpendicular to the surface, they had a slight angle to them but nothing major.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Mirrors looking very nice mate, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    At one time I was considering the tail lights from a Chevrolet HHR. .
    Thanks I'll take a look.

Finding the right rear lights is such an important styling point. I like the idea of sequential style indicators (like Audi's), I also like the round lights look. I also like the modern diffused red tail lights versus direct LED / bulbs. Unfortunately you can't find all of those in the same package, so I'm going to have to make choices at some point. When driving I'm constantly looking at modern cars rear tail lights hoping to find something that grabs me, has all of the functions, and would look ok on the relatively flat rear end of the Nova

You probably already know this David, but Car Builder Solutions do a good range of circular tail lights both traditional and LED. My own car came with these, and they're still available as are very similar led versions and others that are much nicer:-
    https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/lighti...rid&orderBy=15

IMG_0002[1].jpg
    Last edited by Phill; 03-12-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns