Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

So I fitted my new 2 DIN stereo / GPS to the new dashboard. Okay so it’s not really the new dashboard, but part of the buck that I used to make the mold that I cut up and saved along with the faux wood insert I purchased as a spare. Ignore the dash / faux wood colour combination, its purely for testing fit purposes.

As I needed a 2-Din stereo to fill the gap in my new dash and wanted to keep as much space behind it as possible for the HVAC ducting etc.. So I went for an Android unit. Its incredibly thin compared to older units. All my music can be stored on the internal storage or external USB connections for a hard disk. The unit cost me USD 97, which is a pretty good deal I think.

I was playing around with various images as the boot logo for the device

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Very nice

Love the Nova boot graphics, but the label is peeling off on the second one
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Looks excellent. What GPS app are you using? There's one called digihud which is free to download and has many features including a head up display if you angle the screen to the windscreen.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Talk about bringing the Nova into the 21st Century! Looks great David ... well done! Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Looks excellent. What GPS app are you using? There's one called digihud which is free to download and has many features including a head up display if you angle the screen to the windscreen.
    I'm still playing around with these, it came with iGO, but can use Navitel, Sygic and others. I really want to find a good one with offline maps. I will check out Digihud

David,
    That is looking very impressive. What unit is the 2 DIN? I have been looking for some time on the ebay but a bit hesitant. Their pictures look nice but how do they rate in reality. Also like the "thinness" of the head unit.

Cheers

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    David,
    That is looking very impressive. What unit is the 2 DIN? I have been looking for some time on the ebay but a bit hesitant. Their pictures look nice but how do they rate in reality. Also like the "thinness" of the head unit.

Cheers

Bushboy

This is the one I got :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/7inc...311.0.0.68PtGR

The price seems to fluctuate a bit. The interface is quite good, but I've yet to actually connect it to any speakers so can't comment on the sound.

Screen resolution is good, and it plays videos OK. Haven't connected a back-up camera as that is in the UK

The GPS app that came with it, iGo seems good, but when I tried to download a UK map from the website I couldn't find the device on their list. So I Contacted them and they asked for the license files which I sent. Turns out the software and map are illegal copies so I couldn't get the UK map. Hence I'm looking at the other alternatives.

It has Wifi also, so you can use Waze if you use your phone as a hotspot.
    Last edited by islandman; 03-09-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Looks really good. I use Sygic on my phone and find it very good my only niggle is it doesn't display the actual time.

Dirk