Page 109 of 113 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1126

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

  1. #1081
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Dave
    I just hope that after all of your efforts it fits !
    That has always been in the back of my mind, that it may not fit!

    Now I’m sure it will fit in the space, the bit I’m not 100% convinced about is whether I’ve managed to bring the steering column centre over to the driver’s side enough to it sits right relative to the driver, or that the centre section with the radio isn’t too far forward to interfere with the gear stick…..time will tell, and a 6000 mile flight on that one.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    with the idea of glassing the PU I don't think that will work with twin part make at home stuff, I think the foam blocks are made for that purpose. I may be wrong but if you have still got some foam give it a go and let us know.

    Dirk
    I can’t see why it wouldn’t work, its basically the same stuff. I think I have some foam left, so I’ll try a little test when I break out the resin for the dash

  2. #1082
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bicester Oxon
    Posts
    491
    I mentioned previously about using resin etc with foam, I used from a can... it used to be quite common to use foam and resin (it does soak up a lot of resin though).
    This might be of interest? https://blog-fgci.com/2016/10/14/tec...resin-to-foam/
    Like you say thouh, it does need to be the right foam `¬)

  3. #1083
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    I mentioned previously about using resin etc with foam, I used from a can... it used to be quite common to use foam and resin (it does soak up a lot of resin though).
    This might be of interest? https://blog-fgci.com/2016/10/14/tec...resin-to-foam/
    Like you say thouh, it does need to be the right foam `¬)

    Yes I know, that's partly why I went off searching for videos based on your post.....albeit I'd finished that part of the process by then

  4. #1084
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bicester Oxon
    Posts
    491
    I would post some phot's of what I did, but unfortunatly the car is not near me `¬(
    Although working from home I still don't have time to work on it if it was here!

  5. #1085
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    Although working from home I still don't have time to work on it if it was here!
    I know that feeling, I'm working longer days than pre-Covid

    So much for having more time, I barely have time to pee between conference calls

  6. #1086
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hailsham, E Sussex
    Posts
    1,458
    I know how you feel ! 😂👍

  7. #1087
    Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,564
    @ David, Martin & Mark ... whilst you're all pressed for time due to work I find myself with lots of time because I'm self employed. Unfortunately the only government help I qualify for is a 6 month 'holiday' on my July tax bill, so whilst my restoration is accelerating in these terrible times, it's costing me loads in lost earnings. Still, being able to spend more time on the Nova is doing wonders for my mental health, and you can't put a price on good health!

    Wishing everyone on the Forum the best of health and a fair wind to progress your projects

  8. #1088
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    @ David, Martin & Mark ... whilst you're all pressed for time due to work I find myself with lots of time because I'm self employed. Unfortunately the only government help I qualify for is a 6 month 'holiday' on my July tax bill, so whilst my restoration is accelerating in these terrible times, it's costing me loads in lost earnings. Still, being able to spend more time on the Nova is doing wonders for my mental health, and you can't put a price on good health!

    Wishing everyone on the Forum the best of health and a fair wind to progress your projects
    Feeling that situation with you, also 'self employed' sort of. Autonomo have to pay nearly 300€ a month regardless of earnings so if only doing a few hours to 'top up' the pension I don't earn enough to pay that, (plus tax at 20% and gastoe's fees 70€ a month. so not working makes a big difference to my monthly bill paying ability, which stays the same, virus or no virus and NO government help as I am under the radar so to speak. I should be happy I can work on the car(s) but I take a risk driving 40 minuets to it and back as I am not allowed to.

    Good to see so much work getting done, it is so easy to just sit and moan instead of getting off ones butt and doing something.



    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

  9. #1089
    Well the mold was prepared, split joints filled with wax to minimise flash lines and the gel coat went down. Mixed up the first batch of gel coat, then thought the colour was too close to black. So had to chuck it, mixed some white into the pigment and try again. Gel coat went down well, and was easy to see coverage given the white mold surface




    Next step was the coupling layer of 100gm chopped strand mat, did this in two stages as its a very large area to cover in one hit. I'm reasonably pleased with it and hopefully no voids that will cause the gel coat to crack upon pulling it from the mold later.




    Over the next couple of days I'll put some more layers down, I don't want to do too may layers as it adds weight and I'm taking it back to the UK as part of my baggage allowance, so have to find a balance between strength and weight.

  10. #1090
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,179
    Blog Entries
    1
    Serious piece of work here - well done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •