Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123
Results 1,221 to 1,225 of 1225

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Great work David! I like the Ďless chunky, more horizontalí look.

Thanks for all the kind words, Iím just glad that is another job ticked off the list. It was Brett who put me onto looking at the Mazda RX8 mirrors in the first place, so Iím thankful for that steer.

My only unknown that is left is if the angle of the mirrors relative to the drivers seating position is about right to that I can see over the Nova rear arches and the mirrors have enough adjustment to compensate as required. These are kind of swept back versus the ones on my Blue Nova. Having said that the dimension of the RX8 are sort of similar to the Nova so it ought to be OK.

Iím almost running out of jobs that can be accomplished remote from the car, Iíd love to tackle the rear end (but Iíd need a rear end here to start with), or maybe the engine cover, but both need me to have access to the car to do those properly and take measurements etc..

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Iím almost running out of jobs that can be accomplished remote from the car, Iíd love to tackle the rear end (but Iíd need a rear end here to start with), or maybe the engine cover, but both need me to have access to the car to do those properly and take measurements etc..
    It must be infuriating!

As for the rear, as you know I made my own which is included in the Nova Mods manual. However I was really inspired by the Polycreations rear end that Steve bought and am already thinking about losing the Vauxhall rear lights (which reflect the louvres, but are very 1980's!?!) and am looking for round lights that could replace them

Still lots to do on my build before I get to that stage but it's always great to plan ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    and am looking for round lights that could replace them

Yes I am torn on the lights also. I was looking at Audi A3/4 inner boot lid lights, but I always gravitate back towards round lights, I guess its a function of growing up in the 70's / 80's when supercars such as Ferrari's tended to have twin round rear lights

The bumper on my other Nova was designed for the Opel Manta lights

but they did look a little dated so I ended up updating them to Ferrari 355 round lights.

Last edited by islandman; Today at 05:25 AM.