Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 408088899091 LastLast

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

Replace the carburettors with injectors & problem solved for good!

If you want the old school/stealth look then rip the guts out of the webbers, hide the injectors inside add a few necessities (Crank trigger, MAP sensor, Lambda probe) and enjoy another 10 to 20 horses.

Simples

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Replace the carburettors with injectors & problem solved for good!

If you want the old school/stealth look then rip the guts out of the webbers, hide the injectors inside add a few necessities (Crank trigger, MAP sensor, Lambda probe) and enjoy another 10 to 20 horses.

Simples

Bushboy
    Nice idea but sounds complicated! I'm trying to do the minimum required to the Blue Nova and focus on getting the scooby one up and running

Having spent a heck of a lot of time mapping a single micro squirt I woudn't advise going EFI unless you buy a P&P which comes ready to run for that engine. and that is expensive.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Thanks Lauren, I didn't realise you had switched to a electric pump, the information is very useful
    Hi Dave - I've been electric right from the outset, the chassis rails fouled the mechanical fuel pump, so I never fitted it and used an SU-style interrupter fuel pump, delivering around 6 psi. I had successfully used the same pump on my rally-spec Firenza engine (2.3 litre, on Strombergs at the time), so I knew it could easily feed a 1.5 litre boxer. Latterly I have fitted a Facet Red Top competition fuel pump, together with a Filter King pressure regulator.

Dellortos in particular are very sensitive to fuel pressure, which can blow by the float chamber needle valves and cause flooding. When you look at the specs for the Fispa mechanical fuel pump it is clear that you don't need much fuel pressure to feed these carbs - the maximum fuel delivery pressure of 6 psi is delivered at over 5,000 rpm! At normal road speeds the pressure is only around 3 psi, and is less than 1 psi at idle.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

I was asked about my wing mirrors and where they were from when I realised I had never updated my blog with this part of my build. So for anyone interested you can see the steps here :

https://novakitcars.weebly.com/blog/...rrors-that-fit

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    I was asked about my wing mirrors and where they were from when I realised I had never updated my blog with this part of my build. So for anyone interested you can see the steps here :

https://novakitcars.weebly.com/blog/...rrors-that-fit
    David,

I have to say that your mirrors look just perfect for the Nova. I see that you got them from the States. What's the visibility like? My mirrors are a much simplified version and the visibility is, .... well, .... there isn't much!

Cheers, Alistair

They do look good, could you see any difference between the mirrors left to right than a UK mirror? Seems like a stupid question but I am sure there was a conversation on here a few years ago about using US mirrors. I think it was Spacenut that said that drivers mirrors differ to passenger mirrors something to do with the optical effect of making following cars look further or closer away?

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    David,

I have to say that your mirrors look just perfect for the Nova. I see that you got them from the States. What's the visibility like? My mirrors are a much simplified version and the visibility is, .... well, .... there isn't much!

Cheers, Alistair
    Visibility is much better than previously. The mirrors come out enough that from the Drivers side you can actually see over the rear “shoulder” arch of the car and can see behind to a degree as well as to the side. The passenger side doesn’t give as much but its still adequate and I feel far more confident pulling out of blind junctions that are at a 45 degree angle which previously were very nerve racking due to lack of visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    They do look good, could you see any difference between the mirrors left to right than a UK mirror? Seems like a stupid question but I am sure there was a conversation on here a few years ago about using US mirrors. I think it was Spacenut that said that drivers mirrors differ to passenger mirrors something to do with the optical effect of making following cars look further or closer away?

Dirk
    There is a difference but for the life of me i can’t remember exactly what it is to describe it here as I haven’t driven it for So Long. I think its just the opposite of the UK mirrors, which makes cars look closer on one side, drivers side maybe?
    Last edited by islandman; 07-11-2018 at 01:46 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Yes, I remember that conversation - I think there was some US legislation which stipulated that the drivers side mirror had to be flat, so that it did not distort the image, but the passenger side mirror could be a convex (wide angle) profile. Obviously for left-hand markets this would put the flat mirror on the left and the convex mirror on the right. I suspect the legislation could have changed again though, especially now that more complex surfaces can be manufactured, like the combination flat mirror with a convex edge to offer an extended (distorted) view of overtaking vehicles...
    only Pythagoras can save me now!