Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 LastLast

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

Quote Originally Posted by ratrog64 View Post
    How about a link to where you got those?

I like them!

No matter how many different ways I tried to photograph them lit up they look terrible on photos and video. In person lite up they are very cool.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300...19144c4d36kseW

If only they didn't look so uninteresting when not powered I use them in a heart beat.

This video is a lot closer to reality than mine

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtewv11f8urmcgb/IrbN3mJwlxu9sE4hFsv__ld.mp4??raw=1

Cheap too
    Last edited by islandman; 29-11-2019 at 02:33 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Its a shame they didn't put a white reverse in there as well, that would have made one nice complete unit.

Dirk

Managed to squeeze a couple of hours in on the dash. A bit more shaping of the new bottom section for the radio surround, it’s not finished, but I will leave it for now till I do the final finish and put the blanking panels in for the mold.

I also poured some foam on the right end so I could start shaping the area that butts up against the body, as well as putting some foam on the end of the dash top as I changed my mind and decided to go for a straighter profile there.

I wasn’t happy with the passenger side vent angle, it looked OK when I mocked it up but after the foam was poured it seemed to look twisted at an angle. It bugged me every time I looked at it, so I’ve bitten the bullet and cut it out again to see if I can make it look like it flows better.

Last edited by islandman; 30-11-2019 at 10:22 AM.

It is all about getting that fuzzy feeling when things just look right and knowing when they are not.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

It must be challenging when all you want to do is put it in the car at this stage just to get an idea of perspective.
    All looking good though 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    It must be challenging when all you want to do is put it in the car at this stage just to get an idea of perspective.
    All looking good though 👍
    Even worse when yup have it right, fitted and ready to go and all you can do is sit in it and go broom, broom.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Peter, can you not do any form of track days in Spain ?
    Just a thought so you can enjoy what you have created 👍

Well, I lined up the passenger side vent again, now it’s straight.

I redid some of the foam (yet to be cut back) on the top ahead of the screen demist vents as I wanted to change the profile. My kids thought it looked like a train, so they proceeded to draw windows and headlights on it!

I also redid some of the foam on the driver side, as it shrunk back too much. A word of warning, its best to leave this stuff overnight as whilst you can shave it down after about 30 minutes its not fully cured.

I'm travelling for work the next 4 days, so all the shaping will need to wait till I'm back

Last edited by islandman; 01-12-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Peter, can you not do any form of track days in Spain ?
    Just a thought so you can enjoy what you have created 👍
    There is only one, North of Ronda, Ascari, very expensive, used by the super car crowd.

Blog Entries
    Well done mate, this is proper custom-car work.

Can you remind me what brand of expandable foam you use please?
    I know it isn't the spray can version you use for Building/DIY. You mix it from powder?