Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 1,031 to 1,033 of 1033

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Very frustrating David, but if it helps ....

My daughter dragged me do a car dealer this morning and agreed to buy a white BMW 3 series. I don't know how she can afford it (let alone insure it!!) because she's only 21. As she took it for a test drive with the salesman in the front passenger seat and 'old Dad' in the back, I was looking at the dash and thinking "I really like that dash ... but it's probably too wide for a Nova?"

Anyway, what struck me was I'd much rather take the time to create something for my Nova rather than go to a dealer and buy an expensive car which loads of others can also do.

So keep striving to be different!!

Alistair
    There are BMW 3 series and there are BMW 3 series. The OLDER the better, newer ones depreciate each year, old ones, (pre-1989) go UP in value.

My 1987 320i cost me 1200€ 6 years ago, now worth 3,800€ and I LOVE IT. Not every one can go buy one either, getting rare., gets nearly as many looks as one of our cars, (Nova/SS/Avanti)
    IMG353.jpg
    Last edited by Peter; 06-01-2020 at 12:44 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Ah yes, my mate had one of those as a sales rep back in the day, I loved it. Really bullet proof motor

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    There are BMW 3 series and there are BMW 3 series. The OLDER the better, newer ones depreciate each year, old ones, (pre-1989) go UP in value.

My 1987 320i cost me 1200€ 6 years ago, now worth 3,800€ and I LOVE IT. Not every one can go buy one either, getting rare., gets nearly as many looks as one of our cars, (Nova/SS/Avanti)
    IMG353.jpg
    Nice profit Peter! I prefer the older ones too.

As you might expect a 21 year old girl prefers to go for more 'bling' to show off, so hers is only 4 years old. I kept telling her, 'more bling means more to go wrong, and the more modern the car, the more likely it's a garage job so it'll cost her more' .... but ye cannae put on old head on young shoulders!