Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,051 to 1,053 of 1053

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Excellent work.

I made enquiries at a local Fibreglass shop about making a Aussie-style single sheet louvre for my car,
    (Similar to this https://www.purviscarsonline.com/pro...-window-louvre)
    I was quoted an eye-watering 4 figure sum.

However this thread does show the manhours and skill required to create custom fibreglass parts from scratch.
    You have seen how its done now, so have a go yourself and save a fortune

Dirk

I laid the first layer of 450gm CSM, followed by some woven glass fabric seen here. Whilst woven glass fabric gives a nice textured finish and added strength it’s a pain to work with as you invariably snag your brush or roller on end threads, that like any cloth pull through and lift the piece you are working on.

I'll probably just do one more layer of 450gm CSM, followed by adding some wooden batten supports for a stand, as well as to help stop any mold twisting later after being removed from the plug. Its only going to be a single use mold (or maybe twice) so no need to go too thick with it as you would for 100's of uses.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    However this thread does show the manhours and skill required to create custom fibreglass parts from scratch.
    Yes its quite scary when you add all the man-hours up to get to getting the final part, certainly more than 100. Which if you were making a mold for 100's of parts to be pulled from the economics work out, but for a single part no way unless its for your own passion and use.