Page 118 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1299

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    Hi David
    Mine is a Mk 1 and stripped down to the shell at the moment and the windows are out, I can do that for you, is it the whole frame or just the front corner

Mike

I would be interested to know the angle from vertical as well Mike :-)

Hi David
    Mine is a Mk 1 and stripped down to the shell at the moment and the windows are out, I can do that for you, is it the whole frame or just the front corner

Mike

Mike, It’s very nice of you to offer to help out, much appreciated. It can be frustrating at times being 6,000 miles away from my car with limited opportunity to work on it, but I do try to find bits I can finish remotely.

I don’t need the whole window aperture, just the front section as indicated in the photo below.

The lines I’ve drawn on the photo are ideally what I am after (the line on the edges where it starts the recess), including the recessed blanked off section that the Perspex window typically bonds to at the bottom section where the lines meet, as this is the area that I will make the mount to fit as per what I did on my blue Nova. I hope you don’t mind doing both the left and right sides, as much of the Nova is asymmetrical including the windows.

The last thing I need is to know the angle from vertical for the window as the

I’ve PM’d details of the address, and I’ll obviously cover materials costs and P&P.

Thanks again, David
    Last edited by islandman; 10-08-2020 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Mike, Itís very nice of you to offer to help out, much appreciated. It can be frustrating at times being 6,000 miles away from my car with limited opportunity to work on it, but I do try to find bits I can finish remotely.

I donít need the whole window aperture, just the front section as indicated in the photo below.

The lines Iíve drawn on the photo are ideally what I am after (the line on the edges where it starts the recess), including the recessed blanked off section that the Perspex window typically bonds to at the bottom section where the lines meet, as this is the area that I will make the mount to fit as per what I did on my blue Nova. I hope you donít mind doing both the left and right sides, as much of the Nova is asymmetrical including the windows.

The last thing I need is to know the angle from vertical for the window as the

Iíve PMíd details of the address, and Iíll obviously cover materials costs and P&P.

Thanks again, David
    Hi David
    Just had a look at the section you want the template for, the triangle section has been cut away on my car I can still make a template but the triangle section will be missing see photoís
    Mike
    Screenshot (132)_LI.jpgDSC_0434[6566].jpg

Now if someone hadn't beaten me on the last roof that came up on ebay I would have been able to help Just saying sorry not helpful

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Now if someone hadn't beaten me on the last roof that came up on ebay I would have been able to help Just saying sorry not helpful

Dirk
    So you were bidding for the unused Nova kit then Dirk? ... but youíve got 3 already, havenít you? So why?!?

Anyway, serious point ... David, yours is a Mk2 but Mikeís is a Mk1 and youíve highlighted the differences in dimensions LHS vs RHS on your blue Nova. The Mk2 canopy is higher than the Mk1 but are there any other differences that might affect your template. Mineís a Mk2 and the side windows are removed but itís currently hanging vertically at the back of the garage so I could easily give you the outline at the mirror area but not the angle from the vertical. Happy to trace a template if it helps.
    Alistair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    So you were bidding for the unused Nova kit then Dirk? ... but youíve got 3 already, havenít you? So why?!?

Anyway, serious point ... David, yours is a Mk2 but Mikeís is a Mk1 and youíve highlighted the differences in dimensions LHS vs RHS on your blue Nova. The Mk2 canopy is higher than the Mk1 but are there any other differences that might affect your template. Mineís a Mk2 and the side windows are removed but itís currently hanging vertically at the back of the garage so I could easily give you the outline at the mirror area but not the angle from the vertical. Happy to trace a template if it helps.
    Alistair
    Hi Alistair, I'm pretty sure Dave has two Mk1 Cars.

I am about 5900 miles closer to my Mk1 body than Islandman is to his,
    but it is still a day trip away :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post

Dirk
    LOL...that one as a mark 2 canopy

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    David, yours is a Mk2 but Mike’s is a Mk1 and you’ve highlighted the differences in dimensions LHS vs RHS on your blue Nova. The Mk2 canopy is higher than the Mk1 but are there any other differences that might affect your template. Mine’s a Mk2 and the side windows are removed but it’s currently hanging vertically at the back of the garage so I could easily give you the outline at the mirror area but not the angle from the vertical. Happy to trace a template if it helps.
    Alistair
    Alistair, Steve is correct both of mine are Mark 1's.

And Dirk was referring to only a canopy that came up for sale a couple of years back that unknowingly we both bid on, and I won!
    Last edited by islandman; 11-08-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Hi David
    Just had a look at the section you want the template for, the triangle section has been cut away on my car I can still make a template but the triangle section will be missing see photoís
    Mike
    DSC_0434[6566].jpg
    Yes please Mike, I'll have to make a guestimatte on the triangle section and hope for the best.

Looked at my nova calendar today at work and the September page thinking, when was the last time you saw it ?