Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124
Results 1,231 to 1,237 of 1237

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    You probably already know this David, but Car Builder Solutions do a good range of circular tail lights both traditional and LED ................
    Excellent link Phill

I can't believe that I've not come across CBS yet. Maybe because I've been too focused on the chassis and engine so far. Anyway, I've just had a good look round their website and I see it's not just lights they do but lots of other nice things! ... I can see the credit card coming under some pressure soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    You probably already know this David, but Car Builder Solutions do a good range of circular tail lights both traditional and LED. My own car came with these, and they're still available as are very similar led versions and others that are much nicer:-
    https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/lighti...rid&orderBy=15

Attachment 4416
    Yes thanks Phil, CBS is one site I check periodically for their new toys as they do some neat stuff

Iíve spent a fair bit of time procrastinating and doing other jobs rather than tackling my wiring loom reconfiguration. Mainly because I donít have the car here to redo all my measurements from the last time I made up some rope / string templates when in the UK, which is ideally needed since I changed my plan on the ECU / Fuse boxes positioning.

Nevertheless, I figured making some progress is better than no progress and hopefully I can use what I have to guesstimate relative positions for the new configuration.

Iíve started by making up a wooden frame in two pieces which is foldable with hinges. This will act as my peg board to attach the wires for relative positioning. I laid out my old rope template and traced it onto the boards, then used a labelling machine to mark the termination points of the wires.

Iím still waiting on delivery of some cable tie mounts, which will be screwed into the various junction and termination points. Then next steps is to try and lay the loom out and make whatever changes necessary to match this layout (easier said than done). I expect progress to be slow so donít hold your breath as this wonít be fast like Mikeís advent calendar chassis work

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Looking good mate, I can't work out what's what; but that will start to happen when you open the next advent calendar window ;-)

So this means you have worked out where every electrical component goes in your vehicle?
    or is there provision to add in some bits in later?

When I bought my car there were 2 of those green pads (your pic) in with all the parts, I had only ever seen them in kids play centres. I was going to chuck them; but they turned out to be the most useful items I got with my car. Used as kneeling pads or hook them together to make a clean and padded work surface for delicate parts. They are sold at Halfords.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I can't work out what's what
    Phew, at least I'm not the only one

So this means you have worked out where every electrical component goes in your vehicle?
    90% there for the major components, on the basis I'm using OEM dash / steering column stalk components and I know where the lights are along with the engine electrical points.

When I bought my car there were 2 of those green pads (your pic) in with all the parts, I had only ever seen them in kids play centres.
    That is exactly what they are, the kids are bigger now so I stole them , they are great for kneeling on to make things less painful, and as you say resting parts on to protect them.

Couldn't do without those pads so useful, I don't envy you with the wiring, something I've got to tackle in the near future, there's just so much of it, I guess my alfa loom must weigh at least 20kg yours is probably the same ,I have just moved it out of a cardboard box into a sealed plastic one in case the mice get at it, they love the veg based wrap.
    Are you using most of the loom or stripping it down to the minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    Are you using most of the loom or stripping it down to the minimum
    As I'm using the donor car OEM gauges, steering column, switches and engine my plan is to use the full loom, minus the airbag circuits as I left those in the donor car. And yes your are right the full loom is heavy!