Page 126 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1299

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

Nice update, and I am sure you are pleased to be with your cars after all this time but wish it was under different circumstances.....

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Fantastic news! You must be well chuffed that your work from afar has paid off so well. I love the rear view mirrors! Good to hear that you've taken measurements to enable you to progress with other work when you're back home

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Top notch OEM feel for everything - great work

It may not look much now ….LOL…..But this is my next remote kit car building component. It will be the new rear engine deck / engine cover, along similar lines as my blue Nova with a few variations.

Once its made I’ll bring it back to the UK to bond to the body….or at least that is the plan.

Looks great, so pleased for you that the dash and the mirror fit too. You are not going to smck your knuckels into the radio on gear change are you_ looks quite close.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    It may not look much now ….LOL…..But this is my next remote kit car building component. It will be the new rear engine deck / engine cover, along similar lines as my blue Nova with a few variations.

Once its made I’ll bring it back to the UK to bond to the body….or at least that is the plan.
    It's great to see that you've been able to use your time productively David, on both your Nova's whilst here, and in taking measurements to enable you to keep working on projects back in Singapore ... looking forward to seeing you develop the engine cover!

You must be looking forward to your retirement when you can spend longer periods back in the UK to really get things finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Looks great, so pleased for you that the dash and the mirror fit too. You are not going to smck your knuckels into the radio on gear change are you_ looks quite close.
    That was a concern when I first placed the dash in position, I thought oh no!....

but luckily when I sat in the drivers position and went through the gears there was no contact. I may still ultimately bend the gearstick backwards a bit, lets see....that is a decision for another day

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    It's great to see that you've been able to use your time productively David, on both your Nova's whilst here, and in taking measurements to enable you to keep working on projects back in Singapore ... looking forward to seeing you develop the engine cover!

You must be looking forward to your retirement when you can spend longer periods back in the UK to really get things finished!
    Whilst Kit Cars are not allowed on the road in Singapore I’m currently investigating the option of a temporary import scheme to bring it here for “restoration purposes”. So it will never be on the road, but may give me the opportunity to work on it in a warmer climate, which is essential as I don’t have a garage, just a car port here.

lets see........I’m still figuring out the import / export challenges to Ensure I can get it back to the Uk without an IVA etc...

Sounds like it's similar to Thailand . How much would it cost to ship over there . In Thailand they look at a car value in a trader book and knock a few percent off for every year old it is if over 10 years they just look at the car and decided between them selves the value add the cost of shipping on top and the insurance then times it by around 200% when you can't pay it they stick it though a n auction and you loose your car . But that's Thailand . I would love to build a car here and keep wondering how I could do it

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

I am just glad I bought mine over in the first place rather than save thousands by sticking it in a 5 quid a week council garage for 22 years as I would have serious problems with importing it now thanks to the Brexit idiots. Still going to be a pain and expensive to do anyway, one day.

Evaluation sounds the same as here, it is THEIR evaluation that counts so it can be what they say and then 15% import duty + 15€ fee + 21% tax. Sometimes it can go well, when I changed my Suzuki AN400 over I was suprised they valued a 5 year old sscooter at 500€ so it cost me under 300€ including new plate. (Still got it)
    Last edited by Peter; 25-04-2021 at 12:56 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl