Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

Re: JAZ4791 & the unregistered one

went down the path of hiding the weld on my steering rack with a lathe and some paint, worked a treat.....passed my MOT and will be off to Newark tomorrow

It may not be pretty right now but its on the road

Well done David, I've been watching your build and I'm pleased that its on the road now.

Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Well I guess my jubilation was short lived

I set off at 7am for Newark and after about 20 miles noticed my indicators had stopped working (not a good idea given the limited visibility in the car anyway). When I pulled up to see if I could determine where the problem was I smelt brake dust and found that one of the rear wheels was extremely hot and had been binding !

So Iíve brought it back home and will see if I can rectify the problems and either head there later today or tomorrow.

Didn't the MOT man wonder why there was a lathe blocking his view of the steering rack? Sorry to hear the car has gremlins - there seems to be something about shows that brings them out if mine is anything to go by!
    It's a 49 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!

very funny Alex

One fuse later (after taking out the dashboard for no reason....should have checked the fuse first ) and a quick rebuild of the rear brake and I was off again to Newark. Two hours later and I joined the Nova lineup at Newark, 7 Nova's which was quite a turnout for this show

7 Novas, and an avante!!

Nice to meet you today David.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!

Well I made it back to the UK as well as to Newark (last time I was at that show was about 13 years ago!). Having passed the MOT I was a happy bunny until I set off to the show and the indicators stopped and the rear brake started binding . These were both relatively easily fixed so I still got to the show on Saturday.

I also managed to do the final adjustments and get the mirrors fitted, Iím quite happy how they turned out even if they are a little bit on the large side for the car (at least I can see!) .

I still havenít wired them up, as I havenít had the time to fathom the switch out yet.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Nice to see you and your car back on the road Dave!

I continue to be immensely impressed with your side window treatment. Keep those window frames shiny!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

It was good to catch up with the old and new faces at the show.

As for the windows I suspect I might have them painted black as they may draw attention from the overall look if left as polished aluminum.

Whilst on the topic of painting I took my car to a local paint shop that has a good reputation for their work. I just received the quotation and nearly fell off my chair - GBP 9,000! no it's not a typo, that's 9,000! clearly they didn't want to do the job, so I won't be going there then

Ouch!! That's $18,410 AUD!!! Was that for a custom job, or just a single tone with clear coat??