Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293

Thread: 1st Nova & the unregistered one

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Finally got some time on the Scooby Nova whilst the blue one was having quieter exhaust boxes added. Not so much done, started on the mating of 2 different dash species. The plan at this stage is to blend a mark one dash base with the Subaru legacy dash. Then make a mold and new dash with the OEM inserts, similar to what I did for the dash on the blue nova.

If I get time I’ll box it up and take it to Singapore to finish
    Looks very promising David.

I think you should make enough time to box it up and take it back home so that you can keep the momentum going. It must be very frustrating being over there without a 'hands on' project.

Looking forward to seeing your updates!

Alistair

Based on my fitment trials, Subaru Impreza dashboard fits better than Legacy. Its lower profile makes for a cleaner and easier install. Might want to give it a try, before you commit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sector View Post
    Based on my fitment trials, Subaru Impreza dashboard fits better than Legacy. Its lower profile makes for a cleaner and easier install. Might want to give it a try, before you commit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I've sort of committed as I don't have time to source another dash, and want the gauge cluster to fit.

I picked up the car after the new back boxes were replaced.

The previous exhaust note sound was loud and rather sharp, which gave you a headache on a long drive. The new exhaust note is still loud’ish, but the harshness has gone and it’s a much nicer deeper burble. The video sound doesn’t do it justice, but it gives you an idea, it was made aided by my 9 year old daughter blipping the throttle for me.

Last edited by islandman; 26-04-2019 at 08:31 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Well they look very shiny, and also sounds really nice 👍

Blog Entries
    Nice

Sounds great, and looks lovely and shiny!

.... you should have brought your daughter out to take a bow!

We've not shared videos for a while on the Forum ... they're great! .... note to self!!

Enjoy the rest of your time over here David

Alistair

Speedy Cables (not such a good name given they were supposed to be done before Stoneleigh) finally delivered my new cable yesterday. The new one is the one with the “corrector” box in-line to match my wheels / distance travelled to the new gauges from the Daihatsu Mira. The other two cables were the samples I sent of what each end needed to be matched to.

I won’t get a chance to test it till my next trip but theoretically my speedo now reads correctly and my odometer was corrected to the old gauge last trip so all is matched and aligned now.

Nice one

From experience they seem to know what they're doing.

Have asked them to make a custom cable for my lomax. You are correct, not speedy !!