Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133
Results 1,321 to 1,324 of 1324

Thread: Nic's Sterling CCC #416

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Looking very tidy. I used a 5mm perspex for the rear (outer) window, again cut to a home-brew cardboard template by the shop. Think about using a tinted glass/perspex window; Why? Lots of tall 4x4 cars have high mounted headlights, that can dazzle you through the rear view mirror, even on dipped beam. A 'tint' will take the edge off.
    Keep the updates coming.

Thanks Steve. I'm not sure I can use anything that is DOT approved safety glass, but I do like the tint suggestion. California is notorious for the 4x4's and idiots who put brighter bulbs in their headlights without a cutoff.
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416

Hi Nick. That's a very clever solution compared to making a fully enclosed 'tunnel' as per the original. You've done an excellent job.

Have you decided how the new inner window frame will attach to the bodywork?

Thanks! I try to be clever... "try" LOL

I might just go with the original tunnel attachment idea and screw it to the body so I can remove it if I need to get to the fuel cell for any reason. I'll put a rubber or foam gasket between the part and the body to seal out noise, moisture and smells.
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416