Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I turned to engine over this morning and it seems not to have hit the valves, using a bore scope was useless as it is too close to the valves to focus. replaced all the perished (original ) fuel lies while waiting for the new belt to arrive in the morning.
    Sounds promising Peter ... fingers crossed for you

Of course "hasta manaña", means, "Not today" still waiting at 16:00.
    Last edited by Peter; 31-01-2021 at 01:51 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Of course "here manaña", means, "Not today" still waiting at 16:000.
    Hahaha Peter! .... I lived in South Africa in the early ‘80’s and if you asked someone to do something, they’d often say “OK, I’ll do it just now”. It took me a wee while to learn that ‘just now’ in SA actually means ‘in a few days’!

Good news is mother-in-laws Honda Civic is running again, seems the 1.4ED motor is not interference fir. so no bent valves. but I did see both CV joint split and dry so new axles on the way C
    Still a week away from being able to travel between municipalities so still no work on the SS but Eagle Cars Forman Cad Caddington has come up with some good intel' about the history of Eagle Cars. Like 1100 SSs and 1600RVs made up to 1998 plus Pilgrims effort on the RV and P20/25 (Dutton).
    Last edited by Peter; 01-02-2021 at 01:16 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

After 14 days still waiting to get outside Estepona on "none essential business" and now told decision will be made in TEN DAYS time if to lift the travel ban. Can't even get to my bank in Gibraltar. I could risk it but the police here are not to be chanced and a 600€ fine I do not need.