Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I turned to engine over this morning and it seems not to have hit the valves, using a bore scope was useless as it is too close to the valves to focus. replaced all the perished (original ) fuel lies while waiting for the new belt to arrive in the morning.
    Sounds promising Peter ... fingers crossed for you

Of course "hasta manaña", means, "Not today" still waiting at 16:00.
    Last edited by Peter; 31-01-2021 at 01:51 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Of course "here manaña", means, "Not today" still waiting at 16:000.
    Hahaha Peter! .... I lived in South Africa in the early ‘80’s and if you asked someone to do something, they’d often say “OK, I’ll do it just now”. It took me a wee while to learn that ‘just now’ in SA actually means ‘in a few days’!

Good news is mother-in-laws Honda Civic is running again, seems the 1.4ED motor is not interference fir. so no bent valves. but I did see both CV joint split and dry so new axles on the way C
    Still a week away from being able to travel between municipalities so still no work on the SS but Eagle Cars Forman Cad Caddington has come up with some good intel' about the history of Eagle Cars. Like 1100 SSs and 1600RVs made up to 1998 plus Pilgrims effort on the RV and P20/25 (Dutton).
    Last edited by Peter; 01-02-2021 at 01:16 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

After 14 days still waiting to get outside Estepona on "none essential business" and now told decision will be made in TEN DAYS time if to lift the travel ban. Can't even get to my bank in Gibraltar. I could risk it but the police here are not to be chanced and a 600€ fine I do not need.

It has been a weird couple of months what with travel restrictions and lack of funds due to no casual work.

I have finaly got to the 'shed' and decided that on rebuilding the intirior, after the gear shift had to be repaired, after the engine mounts had to be replacaced. that it is too big and too high, I actually hit my elbow when shifting gear so it has to be cut down, this will also solve the problem of not being able to get to see the chassis number as requred.

The trailer I made in 1999 to transport the Eagle to Spain has finaly being cut up and Ukhozi is on the grounf for the first time in 15 years, strange seeing it so low but I have a lot more room in the 'shed' now and as everything underneath has been done apart from beelding the brakes I decided to cut it up and scrap it.
    Last edited by Peter; 04-04-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Trailer chopping was a major task as well as moving the pieces to the rubbish bin area where it sat for all of ten minuets before the 'dumpdster divers' took it all away, so I dumped the second load and that went too, the third and final load which includes the very heavy tow head, wheels and brake assembly is next. So much more space and I am finaly able to clime in and out from ground level which I can still do, suprisingly.

The arm rest box had to go, I hit my elbow on it everytime I change into 2nd or 4th. making a simple cover with a pad on top, no box so I will have a velcro mounted boot bag behind the passengers seat instead for stuff like phone cable, sunglasses etc.

Bodywork from the new downward looking angle is surprisingly good and will not need much doing apart from the roof area of the doors which have sunk into the hinge plate forms then a rub down and a coat of deep black acylic.

After the armrest I can reassemble the console and dash parts with the door panels to be made. I am not going to be over complicated there with just some fiber glass laid flat on the table and the 'bump' added to blend in with the dash ends then rubbed down and covered.

Chassis wise it is just the brakes and clutch that still need bleeding,

Three more cuts and it will fit in the boot

Engine all finished and running with oil filter raised and moved inboard and fuel regulator moved to left side.

Also shown is the Skoda gearchange and Volvo 245 handbrake I will be making a cover that just clears the brake and slopes to the tunnel at the rear so I can see the chassis number. I think I will move the fuse box for the amps and remote control relays to the rear right next to the relay board and change the cable so it runs in the tunnel.

Handbrake to cover

Engine all done-

Ironicly I am going back to the original 1996 design, when it was right it was right, in wondeerful retrospect I wish I had left well enough alone and kept the Bedford Rascal seats, triple Smiths speedo, taccho and triple guage units in the center and the handbrake cover as I origanaly designed it.
    It will be the same shape but a little lower and cover more of the brake lever and of course matching trim to the console.

Trailer chopping was a major task as well as moving the pieces to the rubbish bin area where it sat for all of ten minuets before the 'dumpdster divers' took it all away, so I dumped the second load and that went too, the third and final load which includes the very heavy tow head, wheels and brake assembly is next. So much more space and I am finaly able to clime in and out from ground level which I can still do, suprisingly.

The arm rest box had to go, I hit my elbow on it everytime I change into 2nd or 4th. making a simple cover with a pad on top, no box so I will have a velcro mounted boot bag behind the passengers seat instead for stuff like phone cable, sunglasses etc.

Bodywork from the new downward looking angle is surprisingly good and will not need much doing apart from the roof area of the doors which have sunk into the hinge plate forms then a rub down and a coat of deep black acylic.

After the armrest I can reassemble the console and dash parts with the door panels to be made. I am not going to be over complicated there with just some fiber glass laid flat on the table and the 'bump' added to blend in with the dash ends then rubbed down and covered.

Chassis wise it is just the brakes and clutch that still need bleeding,

Three more cuts and it will fit in the boot

Engine all finished and running with oil filter raised and moved inboard and fuel regulator moved to left side.

Also shown is the Skoda gearchange and Volvo 245 handbrake I will be making a cover that just clears the brake and slopes to the tunnel at the rear so I can see the chassis number. I think I will move the fuse box for the amps and remote control relays to the rear right next to the relay board and change the cable so it runs in the tunnel.

Handbrake to cover

Engine all done-

Ironicly I am going back to the original 1996 design, when it was right it was right, in wonderful retrospect I wish I had left well enough alone and kept the Bedford Rascal seats, triple Smiths speedo, taccho and triple guage units in the center and the handbrake cover as I origanaly designed it.
    It will be the same shape but a little lower and cover more of the brake lever and of course matching trim to the console.

V3myaK.jpg

Great to see you're busy again Peter!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Its all looking very nice and good to see you working on her again, do you think you have got your head around the bureaucracy and complications of getting it road legal in Spain?

Dirk