Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    So pleased to hear that you’re back working on the SS Peter!

.... and that’s great news about another SS in Spain ... is it road legal? Hopefully he can help you get yours on the road too

Alistair

Yes it is road legal, I think it unported before a lot of the current regulations and money making scams came in. Javier was helping me but he sold it a few years ago, n ot sure if it was to Jose or someone else with big ideas, no idea. I hope to invite Jose down to the Shed as its getting on for halfway between Estepona and Malaga.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

I was interested to see the chassis for the US Cimbria on the Stirling forum, very similar to the one I have in my folder only I thought of doing it all in alloy with Citroen hydophumatic suspension.and a Honda 2.2 V6 transverse engine with auto box and a Moon ace GT body and a 2014 Chevy Corvette style. dash.

2014-chevrolet-corvette-interior-in-red small.jpgMoon-Ace GT headlights.jpg

Dream on.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Had a few days off-line as a HDD decided to spit Windows 10 out and wouldn't boot, so had to download and reinstall and rebuild, pain in the butt,
    Well Blanca, the BMW E30 is across the way in parking at last and Ukhozi is back in the 'shed', floor mopped an' all.

857UGX.jpg

I had started to reassemble the engine bay but 1st I moved the fuel regulator to the left, near the inlet connector and shorter pipes, with left and right carb- feeds swapped over, bit of a tight fit with the oil cooler pipes in the way but snug is the word.

PlJrKG.jpg

When I screwed the alloy shroud on I found many of the 8 Rivnuts not so heathy so I am going to lift it off again and up the Allen screws from M4 to M6. Also a shot of the deflectors to get more air to #3, a common problem on centre shrouds like this.
    lVhKfu.jpg

Interior looks straight forwards but I know the problem of making the chassis number visible for inspection is going to be difficult as it is covered by the arm rest and false bulkhead at the moment, so will need to consider that.

Still not 100% sure on the 'A' posts, I am inclined to go for foam spray, carve and cover, rather than alloy covers and screws. The three parts of the dash are then to be joined together, preferably with fasteners of some sort as fitting all three as one unit through the door would be difficult to say the least.

While I was underneath I was pleased to see things haven't changed a lot since 1995 so just a tidy up and some hot glue to hold LEDs and their wires a bit firmer and possibly a fresh coat of stone-chip and some red enamel on the gearbox.

Making a stand so I can set the pump rate of the DElLortos, something I did 'back in the day' but not since I stripped them, so that will be a day in it's self, fed up wit putting 5L of 96 E5 in and having it evapotate and leave a goo behind over the months of standing and I have to run cleaner through the system, again.

Just a Seat Ibiza radiator to buy and fit and I am free to do my own stuff at last. I have refused offers of double pay to work on the buggys as the guy concerned has no eletricity, no workshop, no lighting, no compressor and NO IDEA. Scrabbling around a dirty floor working on shitty buggys is not my thing anymore.

Back with more soon.

Last edited by Peter; 04-10-2020 at 01:03 PM. Reason: crap spellingss

Glad to hear you’re prioritising time for yourself Peter .... and making good progress by the sounds of it

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice update; Beamer looking good as well

Spent the day making a test rig for the Dells to get the injection right, impossible on the car.
    IMG_20201009_152010_HHT.jpg
    Changing the makeshift tubes with some syringes with bottoms blocked off next week, look a lot better and proper graduation.
    So far cost me 2,20€ and some scrap.

Engine is all together again, apart from the carbs of course but I seem to have mislaid the HT lead from coil to cap.

I decided because of clearance issues etc to stay with 4mm Allen bolts on the shroud but replace all with new and whilst at it replaced the M6 ones for the alternator backplate. last bolt behind the alternator tower which also holds the right HT cable tube, cross threaded, so I ran a tap down it only to have the bugger snap off when removing it, so everything off and the alternator tower to drill it out and fit another new one then rebuild it all again.
    Last edited by Peter; 10-10-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Had a couple of good days in the 'shed' this week and a visit from one Jose Miguel de Landeres from north of Malaga just an hour up the road, Jose is the new owner of the red SS from Oviedo that Javier Alonso had and sold to someone in Madrid. Jose saw it advertised and fell in love with it, as one does, and caught a train to Madrid and after a haggle bought it and drove it back the 332 miles to Malaga. Suffered electrical failure but other than that all OK.

Anyway, on Friday mid-day he and his luverly wife paid me a visit in the 'shed' to see my Eagle SS, Ukhozi' and I must say was very struck by the design and gadgets and after an hour returned home to start a body off refurbishment of his SS which, as he has NO mechanical knowledge, is going to be interesting and I think I might get roped in. We planned a return trip by me and the Viking next week to see his SS and no doubt give some advice but the interesting thing is, his is ROAD LEGAL and has even had the regional 'O' plate changed to a new national one. so we will be applying all known facts to getting mine the same next year. woo woo.

SS wise I finished the DelLorto stand with the temp' tubes replaced by a pair of 10cc syringe tubes and stripped the carb' down and cleaned it inside and out, on reassembly and testing not so good, leaked from side caps and injectors were crap, one not working and the other blew the O ring, so Monday going to try and buy a tiny O ring and then strip down again and try some more. Good job I did test as in position the leak would have been right over the exhaust.

Checked the electrics and had a heart stopping moment, which at my age is not funny, when the headlights, washer/wipers and horn didn't work at all, had forgotten they don't unless the ignition is on, so TWO stabs at the button not one, which is ACC.

Bonnet gas struts have died, so swapping the 120n to 150n as soon as they arrive in a couple of weeks. Nothing like having the bonnet coming down on ones fingers to make that decision.

Fantastic news that there’s a ROAD LEGAL Eagle SS in Spain!! That must be a great boost for your morale Peter! .... hope you manage to get yours road legal soon too
    Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice update, good to hear.