Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

One less task to worry about, until the next time that is. The SEAT Ibiza passed it's ITV, new CAT' did the job of reducing CO2 from .52 to .02 so good until next August (renewal is from date test was due not when passed.

Just need to get to the shed now as new lock down stops me going past Estepona's borders just 5Km up the road.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    One less task to worry about, until the next time that is. The SEAT Ibiza passed it's ITV, new CAT' did the job of reducing CO2 from .52 to .02 so good until next August (renewal is from date test was due not when passed.

Just need to get to the shed now as new lock down stops me going past Estepona's borders just 5Km up the road.
    Well done on the ITV Peter

Frustrating about the travel ban, but stay safe and look forward to the roll out of vaccines over the next few months. UK's meant to be starting before Xmas, but I don't know about Spain. It'll take a while to roll out but at least we've finally turned a corner. Just make plans for what you want to do once you get back to the shed.

BTW I saw Estepona on one of the 'Place in the Sun' programmes the other night ... looks like a great place to stay, with much better winter weather than the UK. Can you tell I'm jealous?

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Well done on the ITV Peter

Frustrating about the travel ban, but stay safe and look forward to the roll out of vaccines over the next few months. UK's meant to be starting before Xmas, but I don't know about Spain. It'll take a while to roll out but at least we've finally turned a corner. Just make plans for what you want to do once you get back to the shed.

BTW I saw Estepona on one of the 'Place in the Sun' programmes the other night ... looks like a great place to stay, with much better winter weather than the UK. Can you tell I'm jealous?

Alistair

It is very frustrating not being able to get to the shed but even more is having to pay 140€ a month for the privilege. Nearly as frustrating as receiving the Skoda gear shift repair kit that was supposed to be for the 1990 Estelle/Rapid only to find it was not and has to go back and will probably cost as much in post as the part cost. Still can't find the parts I need so will have to make the 20mm ball myself.

You are right to be jealous Alister, the weather here is great and the main reason I moved here in September 1999, Today is typical November, sunny, 18degrees with some cloud, light breeze.
    We have breakfast on our South facing patio every morning apart about four when it really is bad, like high wind and lashing rain, but like I said, only about 4 days a year we eat inside. When it rains it really rains and floods are not uncommon because although it happens every year they don't do much about it and seeing cars floating off down the high street in some places is really strange.

Not long to go although the Andalusian government is looking at a TOTAL LOCKDOWN for two weeks so they can get the virus under control for Christmas, of course with bigger gatherings over the holidays which last until January 6th here for the 3 kings, comes bigger infection rates so January is going to be horrible..
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Daily drive, the BMW E30 passed the ITV for another year just an advisory left front fog not working and brake balance on front and rear a bit heavy on the left, but apart from needing a new connector for the washer pump which he let me off , all good.

Now I can concentrate on the SS. Hope to get her running this year, as soon as they let me drive trough Marbella.

Having the other SS in Malaga, albeit in Nerja, gives me a renewed enthusiasm to get on with it.
    Last edited by Peter; 18-11-2020 at 01:47 PM.