Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

Pump and regulator arrived so as I have JUST finished rebuilding the top end on my BMW E30, (only to find it was a bypass hose down on the block NOT the head gasket, shit! ) I will be heading East to the shed and fitting those tomorrow.

OEM gearbox mounts arrived just now, some idiot ordered only ONE rear mount so delay while other arrives in a week from Lime Bug.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Sounds like you need to go back to bed, as today is not going to plan !!

Very true Buffy.

Joined all fuel parts in-line under the tank area only having to rethink it as I couldn't see the regulator unless I stood on my head so I fitted it in the engine bay.

And it continues, with the instructions in 100% Chinese I connected it up wrong so back to the www.anplumbing.com site for more fittings only to find that whilst the parts are cheaper and genuin Earls to boot the shipping and duty costs were over $60 so back to Torques on eBay and another 50 quid spent..

Problem is I used up both 1/8" npt " to AN6 adapters on the regulator, (it came with 1/8" x 8mm tails) so have to wait until I get more also I didn't have a 'T' junction for the left hand carb so still that to do as well as the vacuum take off. and changing the bulkhead fitting.

Turned out to be a lot more expensive than I thought as it required new pipes and quite a few fittings, I could have used plastic pipes and jubilee clips but where's the fun in that?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter; 11-02-2019 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Added text an pic

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Ignition module arrived today so away with contacts and condenser.
    Also the big job, changing to OEM gearbox mounts, as you know that means splitting the engine from the gearbox to do the rear ones and then the whole unit back to fit the front nose one. Luckily I have a gantry that fits over the engine so I can just move things without having to disconnect it all and drop it. Still a balls ache of a job.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Peter
    I feel we are in the same path at the moment. No time due to work commitments, when we have time to look we spend money but do not drive it !!!
    Keep going mate

Hopefully Buffy I have spent all I need to apart from the door cards, (GRP and a bit of covering.) mind you, I thought that last year too and the AN6 fittings last week alone were 51 quid. .

Work, work, work, I should have been retired 8 years ago but the state pension being what it is, or rather what it isn't, I have to 'work till I drop' and 60€ a day does help but it's not every day, this week has been good but next week is empty at the moment so I am hoping the fittings arrive tomorrow and I can get down the shed on Saturday or Sunday.

Stuff I can do;
    Gearbox mountings

Convert dizzy to electric, again
    Check out why amps don't get signal from radio blue wire.

Bleed brakes.

Fit bias trim cable.

Recover left dash under pod black from red.

and lots of other little things like clean DelLorto pump jets, again

Hot glue LED cable back onto side skirts and nose

Oh yeah, nearly forgot, there is that sheet of stainless steel marked out for door sills and dash brackets to cut.

Etc, etc. No wonder they never get finished.
    Last edited by Peter; 14-02-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    ..... Work, work, work, I should have been retired 8 years ago but the state pension being what it is, or rather what it isn't, I have to 'work till I drop' ..... Etc, etc. No wonder they never get finished.
    Peter,

I feel your pain! I took voluntary redundancy in 2012 and don't get my state pension for another 6 years. In the meantime I'm self employed and the demand on my time exceeds my capacity so finding time to work on my Nova is difficult.

... I'm starting to get a vision of all of us perpetually working on our cars, never quite getting them finished .... and when we finally 'drop off the edge' our families left wondering what on Earth to do with our cars and all our tools, spares, etc, in our garages. If they're at all creative, they could arrange to get a big enough hole dug and then bury us inside our cars for future archaeologists to think they've gone "Back To The Future"!!

I've worked non stop since the New Year, but have arranged to have a long weekend this weekend ... if I can even just get the pedal assembly fitted to the chassis this weekend I'll be well pleased!

Buffy's 'mantra' of 5 mins each day is definitely something to strive for!

Keep at it!

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    ... I'm starting to get a vision of all of us perpetually working on our cars, never quite getting them finished .... and when we finally 'drop off the edge' our families left wondering what on Earth to do with our cars and all our tools, spares, etc, in our garages.
    It's not just me then..
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    It's not just me then..
    #metoo, so much stuff, I asked to be buried in the car but Spain doesn't allow such things, in fact very strict on what can and cannot be done, and all in 24 hours.

Well,,, the day didn't go exactly as planned but then when does it? Rarely .

After lifting the head from a 125cc Honda scooter to do the valves I was late for next job and will have to rearrange that, so decided to go the the 'shed' instead, when I got into the car I shut the door and the bloody mirror glass fell off, another 10€.

Ended up fitting what I could in the way of the AN6 fuel fittings, so AN6 - 1/8" into filter, line from bulkhead to firewall, changing that from 'T' to an elbow and on to regulator in and then regulator to right carb but still left carb to do when pipe arrives also fitted the 1/8" to 1/8" adapter under regulator but 'T' on to that still coming, so half done, totally overlooked the female to female AN6 connector from pump 90 degree back to bulkhead so another wait for that to arrive.

I did however change some engine mounts, not on the VW as intended but the BMW E30, the Fibi ones were crap so went back to OEM. Unlike the VW ones it only took half an hour to do.

Last week it was a new head gasket on the Beamer only to find it was the well hidden block to manifold pipe that was split.

Somehow managed to order two nose and one gearbox VW mounts so had to order another gearbox and send the nose back to LIME-BUG.

Still, a little is better than nothing.
    Last edited by Peter; 17-02-2019 at 01:33 PM.