Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

Looks good, Peter.
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416

Bet it feels good making some more progress Peter .... keep the updates coming!

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,
    I have some new photos I need to transfer and I hope to get some more work done, unfortunately I have had the BMW 320 break a rocker, so head off, again, and fit a new one but as I am having to use the Mercedes A170 again I have had to off load all the boot sale stuff and put seats back in to use it as a daily ride, so the 'shed is in a right state plus I was gifted a load of stuff yesterday for booting so need to reorganise the shelves today, means no SS work.

Onwards and sideways
    Last edited by Peter; 15-06-2019 at 11:53 AM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

As expected I spent all afternoon shifting stuff and cleaning up, mostly junk that was last years "good idea" and off-cuts, three big bin bags full and a load of hardboard ruined by flooding. but all neat and tidy, again.
    Photos of last effort in interior trimming.
    IMG_20190612_141558.jpg
    Brake Bias cable.

IMG_20190612_170544.jpg
    Overhead recovered

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Poor ol' Ukhozi, not a thing done in over a month despite the fact I have spent several days in the 'shed'.

First off I had to have a big clear out, so much crap and junk and then a tidy up, move shelves and scooter. looks good again in there but nothing on the car. Yesterday it was a Seat Ibiza 4 with shot to hell suspension rubbers so the front wheel moved about 2" with a big clonk, bitch to get out the old silent blocks with a screw driver down the side, thank heaven they are plastic cased but with a couple of bits of wood and a bit of M8 studding I wound the beggars back in no problem, then it was getting the arm ends back onto the ball joint, (3 bolts), **** pig to do. Front pads at 3mm so that's next and under-tray chassis mounting nuts missing and holes had to be repaired.

The day before my crap mobile, the Mercedes A170 pissed diesel out every where so had to take top off of engine to get to the injectors to find the bleed off pipes had perished and diesel was all over the engine and exhaust, hence the cloud of fuel and smoke when I floored it. temp repair of silicone vac' tubing as the only available, so now I have the proper diesel proof stuff I have to do it all again.

Still pressing on with a SRS problem on a Volvo X70 which I fitted SIPS seats so I have had to make up resistor and capacitor packs to fool the car it has SRS seat air-bags.

In the meantime to get Volvo owner mobile within a week (or so) I undertook to get a 2000 Seat Ibiza 1600 3dr through the test for her to use. The owner was going to sell it for scrap for 100€, it was that good.

No inner panel left door, rats eat it, (fail, sharp edges), locks not working, keys didn't fit other than ignition so recode door and boot cylinders, rebuild door lock with repair kit, (bitch job), repair dash 'pop-out' card tray, not staying in, (fail, projection), Right internal handle broken, (fail, unable to open door), Battery totally dead, Boot mechanism jammed, (fail, unable to open), So I had to make a door panel from cardboard and tape and then repair right handle by pinning and covering with two pack repair paste and cover with chrome ducting tape until new pair arrive from eBay. Repaired missing pin on card drawer with a screw from inside, that works as it should now. Did I say bloody car was 40 minuets away?

Wife's Corsa is making a whining noise that needs a serious look at and my BMW E30 is partly rebuild after new water pump and belt job went wrong and I bust a rocker so head off, again, and change that and check valves for leaks (bent?) but OK, so 'just' need to reassemble that.

And of course the Suzuki AN400 is not rebuilt Only been off the road for 5 years Grrr. And on top of all that I have a 20m x 60m arena to make a water reclamation system for, laying 18m of 90mm pipe underground from horse wash area to tank/pump and 6 head sprinkler system, in my spare time.

Eagle SS, what's that?

Being retired on a pension is exhausting. Oh yeah, lady with 8 rental apartments wants me to do handyman jobs too.
    I'm sure the government keeps pensions stupidly low so we old people have to work to make ends meet and die earlier.

Wife's Corsa was just cam belt rubbing on plastic cover so easy fix for once, one down.

Not a lot happening in the shed SS wise but as usual plenty of other stuff.

Having reawakened my interest in vintage scooters, (they were not vintage when I rode them) I have come across photos and magazine articles that bring back more memories than a shed load of MKI Novas.
    Back in the day (60s) I was a "notable rider" on Agrati Capri scooters and a works rider for Agrati/Girreli in 1969 and did the IoM week with mixed results. Recently I made a gear change pulley for a Capri restorer using my trusty Bosch drill. I soooo would like a small lathe,

I still have the gantry above the engine ready to lift it so I can swap the mounts over for originals but,,,, I changed the steady bar in a Renault Laguna but my car, nope.
    Last edited by Peter; 02-09-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Just noticed, the gear knob is missing on my photo, I need new photos.

New signature too big, better get that smaller too.
    Last edited by Peter; 12-09-2019 at 10:24 PM.