Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 367684858687 LastLast

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Oh Peter!!

However, thanks for the tip. I've just been stuffing all my receipts and invoices into a folder with the thought that one day I'll maybe add it all up? .... I don't think I'll bother now!

Still, your engine looks first class!

Alistair

Yeah, just thinking the same thing ...

I've been keeping an accurate record of my build costs and it's now standing at £4582 but my starting point was a car that only cost me £500, (however, that was back in 2007). Spread over more than 10 years it's not a lot of expense hence no divorce proceedings as yet...

My original build back in the 80's came to just over £4000 but the basic Kit was £1840
    Last edited by Phill; 18-10-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

That's not to bad Phil, at least that's for the whole build, what I posted was just the engine, so it's plus 1600 for the basic kit gawd knows what for intirior and a 1303 gear box, plus wheels and tyres, suspension and steering. I need to lie down.

At least I can say that with only door cards and A post rims being the major stuff to do there isn't muh to spend now, don't have it anyway.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Didn't you say you have relatives here in the States? When we get our overseas shipping company settled in, send the car over and move in with the relatives. Keep the place in Spain as your main residence. I think you can be here 10 months before you have to "return home", then 4 before you can come back to the States.

Quote Originally Posted by letterman7 View Post
    Didn't you say you have relatives here in the States? When we get our overseas shipping company settled in, send the car over and move in with the relatives. Keep the place in Spain as your main residence. I think you can be here 10 months before you have to "return home", then 4 before you can come back to the States.
    It was a thought and my Bro' in Alabama was up for it but 'er in doors will not leave this area due to her son and grandson being here. I will plod on and see what I can do next year. work has diried up so slowly is it. Running about trying to earn 30 or 40 bucks here and there really not worth it.
    Last edited by Peter; 15-11-2019 at 02:38 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Actually well under way with the door cards, I am really pleased that the current design is so very close to the one I did years ago so must have got something right , for once.

Lower carpet and upper red leather areas done,dummy 'bump' made ready for remaking in 'something', haven't yet decided if to do in GP or foam.

15mm alloy strip yet to buy but the bit of scrap 10mm strip I do have bent in all the right ways so shouldn't too difficult, it's a 15 c 15 'T' section and most of the back will be cut away leaving just a few fixing points to go though the card,

Eagle already fixed on red leather, looks really good. The stainless steel sills are almost finished too, getting a nice finish on them will be hard as they are made from scrap material but a lot of polishing will sort that out.

Elastic net pockets are way too big so will have to remake them to custom fit the lower front area.

I can see the edging is going to be a sod though.

This what it will look like.
    Last edited by Peter; 17-11-2019 at 01:46 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    That looks really great Peter. I bet it feels good to be working on your car again ... keep going!
    (That was just a wee bit of green envy from me ... I’ve not touched my Nova for ages!)
    Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 17-11-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Nice OEM feel to the door cards, good work.

Looks very nice, that ally will be difficult to bend it will be interesting to see how you do it. keep up the good work.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Looks very nice, that ally will be difficult to bend it will be interesting to see how you do it. keep up the good work.

Dirk
    Gently in soft jaw vice. I tried it on a bit of 10mm strip and it was easy to get a nice curve with a bend, kinda 3D. The actual 15mm T section will have a lot of the back rib cut away, leaving just fixing lugs so should work OK. biggest problem I am trying to get my brain around is fixing the 'bump' to the card, probably fixings on the back with screws fixed in.