Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Oh no Peter!! That’s a bu**er! Hope it all gets sorted out ok.

All the best, Alistair

Thanks, Game on!

Parts are easy to get for the car, problem is getting OEM parts, best place in in Denmark.

Guadia Civil came and gave her a right bollocking for launching from a stop sign without looking (I even had my headlights on), I expect a battle to get the car repaired to it's "pre-accident condition", which was pretty darn good, 1987 E30 320i undertray anyone?

I tried to get a agreed value of 4,500€ on renewal but companies here are decades behind other EU countries or the premiums are silly money for TPFT, even on 'classic or historic cars'.

Over 30 years old? I see a few have had their Novas classified as 'classic/tax free' and it cost 25 quid, Here it cost 600€+ to get it on H plates, (Engineers report, inspection by expert to certify genuine, (can be a classic car club), special ITV (MoT), fee and TAX). and any back tax too. then restricted as to annual distance and speed on motorways etc. and the much lorded reduction in insurance (from special companies only, cost more than TPFT from Direct Line! (Linia Directa here who do not do historic discounts or agreed value)

Rant over!

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Heard this morning that the Perito has written the car off. Now to some people that may seem OK, old car, cash in pocket, etc BUT, it is a 33 year old car and a classic, I just sorted the engine, new belts, pump, plugs heater hose and have a new radiator in a box, arrived this week, all for nothing. Even IF I can stop it being scrapped it has been written off and it's value as a classic car has dropped by thousands, I'll be lucky to be able to buy a secondhand fiesta and I love that car, a replacement would cost at least 4.500€ and none about at the moment, rarer that a road going SS or Nova for sale.
    Last edited by Peter; 14-02-2020 at 06:12 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Really sorry to hear that Peter. Hope you can find a way of getting her back on the road??

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    That’s pants mate.
    Hope you can get it back on the road 👍

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    That's a shame; they did that to my old merc 123 280te estate when some idiot drove into the back of it - although the car was still drivable. Having it written off devalues it, but you should still be able to get it back and have it back on the road to enjoy?

Heard today that my insures are fighting the other company to have it repaired as I said no way am I accepting it is a write off, I would rather withdraw the claim and fix it myself, I know I can, it's not that bad. Strangely the one thing I WOULD replace not bend and mend is the center section of the chrome bumper but they say it's the only part they WOULD get repaired, new one is 157€. Still, I will find out in a day or three next week what is going on. Strange thing is it IS a 1987 (30/3/1987) but re registered as a 1993 on 1994 plates???, I will have to get that changed smartish as it comes out of the 30 year old classic status.

Blanca cert origen.jpgBlanca fiser date.jpgIMG_20200131_151105.jpg
    Last edited by Peter; 16-02-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Back on topic me.

SS engine/gearbox mountings are now all done, it was a pig to get the front one in but a bottle jack and a crowbar sorted that out, just need to put it all back together now , inside as well as engine.

Door panels are coming on, just need to get the balance of black alcantara cloth, red leatherett and dark grey carpet right. The basic shape and design is right, just not getting the 'fuzzy feeling' yet.

I thought I had the brakes sorted but there is a leak from front right I need to sort out, so wheel off and doooo this!.
    Last edited by Peter; 16-02-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Latest blog on my cars. Well, it creates a post and any post is a good post, no?

SS, managed to get the front mounting in and everything bolted up again, just need to rebuild interior and engine again..

Needed to strip half the interior to get to the linkage and using a bottle jack, jack it backwards and then jack it forward again but job done and all new OEM mounts.

Whilst underneath I saw quite a few areas that need touching up so back under with the red enamel and black chassis paints next trip.

Door panels still in the melting post but sticking to the original design from years ago, just need to get the balance of red leather, black alcantara and grey carpet right.
    doors2019.jpg
    Brakes still need bleeding, again, as I saw a leak on front right caliper that needs attention.

As for my other cars; where to start! The 2001 Mercedes A170 has an automatic gearbox fault,again, most likely the 1st gear clutch basket split, again.
    I cleared the fault codes which said "lack of pressure to #1/4 valves etc using my laptop and Delphi 1915 software with a VCI +BT dongle and put 1 liter of multi TQF in and I got reverse strong again but just about moves in 1st, as soon as I tried to drive it went into 2nd, 'limp home mode' again so that's that until I have at least 1,000€ to get it fixed and is it worth that for a 2001 car? It is however a very versatile vehicle and we use it a lot for work and boot sales etc.

The BMW IS worth a lot more, between 4K and 10K according to market prices and the insurance company have accepted the fact I will NOT ACCEPT it being a write off or being recorded as such as it would kill it's classic car status and value, I am trying to get it re-registered as a classic car on a H plate, as it's over 30 years old but it is at least 600€ to do, unlike the UK which is the price of a trip to the post office.. Battle on, watch this space.
    Last edited by Peter; Yesterday at 11:20 AM.

This morning I was told as the car had been re-registered in 1994 that was the date they were going on not the 1987 in the log book but they said it would have been less value as a '87, ??? they do not value old cars (classics) in the same way as the UK. So 1,036€ compensation for a car I cannot find in the same year and condition for under 3,700€, bastards! Anyone know where I can get a per-facelift E30,320i automatic, 100% OEM and clean for 1,000 qud, no? thought not.

I can how ever take that money AND THE CAR and repair it myself although the "write off" is on the cars record it doesn't effect the premiums, weird!

So I can get it delivered to my workshop 35 miles away and fix it myself, mostly bolt on bits and a little persuasion will fix it with a new headlight (about $60), I already have new indicators as the ones on there are bust anyway.

Good job I am retired.