Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

He's back . Knee is a lot better after a couple of months now and I am walking almost normally and back to work and the wife has me trudging around the shops again, darn it.

Managed a bit on the SS. electrics finally all done and the new duel function start/stop engine button all working.
    Logo on the console too.
    9zE5zI.jpg

I still need to figure out the speedo pulses but at least I know how I am going to do it with a sensor on the left disc bracket and a toothed ring on the back of the hub/disc.

Finally got my PB sorted out with www.vgy.me very easy to use and free too. So up yours PB.

Work, well back to it and straight in at a whopping 42 degrees and I hope to have sorted the problem of using carburetors at a stupid rate. 25 this season so far on 15 buggys. so I have worked with a guy and sorted a bolt on kit for EFI using microsquirt, a custom ECU and CDI etc. going to try 2 and if they are good than 14 more.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Nice one Peter

I have decided to use vgy.me too, no frills just as you say, and UK-based servers so unlike PB uploads don't grind to a halt when the US wakes up around mid-afternoon
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Month late, but glad to hear you've made an all but full recovery Peter
    Never be afraid to stand out from the crowd!

Thanks mate, Knees sound like snap, crackle and pop when I walk but at least I can be on my feet all day again.

Still not been anywhere near the car in months and I was hoping it would be slowing down by now but I still have a workshop full. like a broken seat frame, dropped valve, rear wheel bearings/hubs, and magasquirt II EFI prototype on going too.

Managed to do work for OTHER people like converting a 2001 Honda CR-V to 7", 2 Din with rear sensors and back up camera but not any of my cars. get a look in.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Yeah it had been a bit quiet ;-)

I'd be interested to hear about your progress with Megasquirt Fuel Injection, I'm tempted by the idea of a VW Type 4 lump with fuel inj.

The megasquirt or in my case microsquirt from hobbytubor on Alibaba., is easy to install with the right hardware and there is plenty of software about to help tune them, some free. I have only one injector but the basics are the same for 4,6 or 8. Only problem I have is I know bugger all about them so all the VR , dwell , attack angle etc is new to me but I found out that I had way too low a fuel rate setting of 3.3 so I wasn't getting any fuel, reset it to 5 and it started straight away but didn't rev so gradually increased the rate to 10 and then had to increased the air flow (tick over on a carb) as it was too rich at the bottom end and I am getting there.
    Coudn't work out the ignition timing as it's CDi and they don't publish numbers as it's fixed so I got a spare flywheel and held the TDC mark at 9-o-clock with climometer on my phone then rotated it so the timing mark was at 9-o-clock, 12 degrees, at least it's a starting point.
    If that works and stays working on the two trial buggys we are doing all 15. Just in time for our new 550cc buggys to arrive, with EFi as standard o f course.