Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

Got a LOT more done, finally got the brakes sorted.
    Stripped the masters and polished them up and reassembled. better than new. Rebuilt but with clutch bent reformed to the left and the throttle to the right a bit there is room for my size 10 boots at last. Also welded a chunk on t he back of the throttle and cut out so the bias control cable clears, Just need to make the knob part as I have the old speedo cable to use. saves my 45€.
    Plan A on the disc for the speedo is to use a 90mm x 3mm plastic disc with 25 5mm x 3mm magnets fitted into it and a 1mm cover either side to make a sealed unit then fix that to the hub with 4 x 4mm countersunk screws.

Bias adjuster drilled for speedo cable and with a 4mm grub screw,

Bias cable fitted

Spaced out pedals

Yes it does clear with brake fully depressed and throttle fully up, took three goes but got there in the end.
    Last edited by Peter; 14-07-2018 at 02:02 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Very nice work Peter, as always 👍

I fear that on my pedal box I may need to follow suit and spread the pedals out also as they look awfully close and my feet are not small either. At least yours are mild steel and can be persuaded to bend

Bet you feel great making a load of progress Peter ... well done and keep going!
    Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    I fear that on my pedal box I may need to follow suit and spread the pedals out also as they look awfully close and my feet are not small either. At least yours are mild steel and can be persuaded to bend
    I thought the same David but have got used to mine as is. I do only drive in converse or similar though!
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

Quote Originally Posted by jim73vw View Post
    I thought the same David but have got used to mine as is. I do only drive in converse or similar though!
    Me too, but once you start to drive it you make your own adjustments with your feet and footwear, at first I was catching the accelerator when applying the break, but having got use to it its not an issue. Like Jim I generally wear cons for driving.

Nice work and update Peter.

Dirk

Another good day in the 'shed.

Got the pedal box back in the SS and all piped up ready for when I remember to buy some 'DOT 4' fluid, (as well as a new battery).

Back in and hooked up.
    Why is it such a pig getting the nuts back in the cylinders without cross threading?

Started on door cards, plan 'A' is to have a hardboard panel (as in many 'older' cars) and add 3D profile to it and then cover in brown packing tape then coat with a couple of layers of fiber glass mat, when set cover with 3mm MD foam and then trim in cloth/leather. well , that's plan 'A' anyway. Doesn't have to be super smooth as with some who are, unlike myself, good with GRP, I hate the stuff as it will be hidden by 3mm of MD (packing) foam anyway.

Electrics all done apart from I am still waiting for the postman to deliver the fine 3 way cable for the speedo so I can hook it up into the central connection panel, (I already have the sensor fitted and 3 way waterproof connector), and then I can get serious about installing the console permanently at last.

Slightly old version but only the auto start relay has been changed for the push button control box.

As you can see, there is plenty of room between the caliper bracket and the hub ribs where the disc will fit.

Having ordered 25 5mm x 3mm magnets for the speedo sensor I found I already had 25 slightly larger ones stuck to my tool box but I think slightly too wide for what I need as in the past I have found smaller magnets with a larger gap gave a better 'reading' to the speedo.
    Last edited by Peter; Yesterday at 10:21 AM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl