Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

Another 'stolen' half hour yesterday whilst doing stuff for clients, and I managed to fit the new AN6 fittings for the fuel system and still a double ended female needed to join the pump to the bulkhead fitting Grrrrr.

Also started on fitting the igniter to the dizzy but had to go.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Now have both bell housing mounts and the nose mount so engine back from gearbox and when fitted whole lot back to fit front mount, bloody polyurethane mounts are rubbish long term.
    Also electronic igniter is here to fit in dizzy, less than 1/4 the price of Pertronix and actually looks better.
    Still short of a AN6 female to AN6 female straight to joint pump outlet to bulkhead fittings and 70cm of AN6 pipe, should have been here last Thursday, guess the posties donkey is lame again.
    Rest of the fuel system plumbing is done and looks good.
    Seems there are two ways to hook up the regulator, constant adjustable feed from outlet and pressure regulated line with return to tank. I have gone for the former, so T off of outlet to carbs and no return needed, we will see how it goes.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Bit bloggy but a post none the less.

One of my tasks is getting an old Nissan M110-14 horse box running.

After being told it has been running a year 'or so' ago and had been vandalized in the cab, not that I needed telling as it was a mess and a busted ignition switch.

I got a pair of new batteries, bought 140AHr when 90AHr would have done, dough!

Then spent ages with the switch wires, only four of them, and could not get it to turn over. So under we go and short across the solenoid, nothing, so whacked the end of the motor with the wrench, and try again, got some sort of movement and a whizzing from the Bendix but no good, so ripped it out and took it apart to find that the four brushes were 'gone', just a couple mm hanging onto the braids. Solenoid has also decided to join the world of the dead so, do I buy a new motor (18059n) for 200€, or new carbon brushes 25€ and a solenoid 40€.?

Just a quick up date on the Nissan, new starter and immediately fired up with a HUGE bletch of smoke, well it has been two years standing, pumped up the tyres and it drives, yeah, now on to the electrics new wiper blades and a test.

Strange the way firms price things. First I identified the starter as a 18059n then went hunting, locally 285€,, on eBay for truck 185# but for a FO6 FORK LIFT 125€ inc shipping from Germany and 4,3KW not 3KW. bargain.

Anyway, paid for a bit more stuff on the SS, that's the main thing, just waiting for the AN-6 pipe to arrive any day and off to the shed again.

I had a similar thing with coil packs for the Rotorway several hundred pound each from the suppler and they used a redundant system so 2 of everything in case one fails, but after a lot of searching it turns out they where also used on a popular older American car (I cant remember which one) and I bought 2 brand new for £50!

Dirk

Good day in the shed today. All fuel system finished, remains to see if fitting pump directly to tank outlet isn't going to make it too noisy. If it does I'll just add some flexible pipes either end and rubber mount the pump assembly.

Also got gantry ready to move engine back to fit new mounts. Then all back together and then move whole engine gearbox back to fit nose mount.

I hope that way I can cause minimum disconnections etc.

Pump / filter assembly ready to fit

Fuel pipe into engine bay connection

Regulator all fixed in

Gantry ready to move engine back 3".

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice and tidy - well done. I like the firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Good day in the shed today. ......

Gantry ready to move engine back 3".
    Nice update Peter, and nice metalwork to allow you to move the engine back 3". It looks super strong in the sideways directions, but back to front only appears to be secured by the bolts at the top of each "A frame" .... which in structural terms could act as pins once under load and allow back to front movement. I'm maybe missing something but perhaps you should include some cross bracing to stiffen back to front movement?

Hope that's helpful ... just don't want the engine landing on your toes!

Alistair

Wow is the engine lid lip good enough to support the weight, I could not get away with doing that on the Avante. I think I would have just put a trolley jack on the sump.

Dirk

It's not as flimsy as it looks, there is no movement back and forth at the tops are pivots only to revolve the A frames 90 degrees for storage, it's good to lift three tones. Had the engine in and out three times so far, no problems. the body takes the distributed weight no problem, not a creak.
    Using a trolley jack I would have to pull the engine right off so might as well disconnect everything but this way I just get enough room to undo those stupid nuts in the bell housing, bolt back on and then pull the whole unit back a little to fit the nose block.

Anyway, that's plan A. I'll let you all know how it goes.

IMG_20190318_133136_HHT.jpg
    Last edited by Peter; Today at 04:04 PM.