Page 57 of 93 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

Bitmore done on the SS, busy day in the 'shed' apart from the SS I managed to fix the problem with fitting later model rotor blades to my helicopter's new alloy rotor head and then strip down the Mercedes electric power steering pump. If I can get the four ICs I can repair it. but I think I would be better in bypassing the PCB and fitting an 80A relay along with the capacitors.

New dash side pods finished.

And remote control board finished and installed, cover can go on now.

Started on the new, improved Central connection board now the two 10 way strips have arrived for the power and earth connections.

Finding getting in and out of the car a pain, literally , without the seat in so I can sit on the floor and get close the the CCB to connect and solder. I have done away with the crimp on fork connectors and gone for soldering the wire ends, less chance of coming off and a lot neater. On the major connections I have had to use them but with a dab of solder as the wires are too big to fit under the screws.

Now the new 10 way connector strips for the power and earth have arrived I could get stared on the new CCB with major relays etc on back board.
    IMG_20160311_175008.jpg

The old one with everything crammed onto one side
    CCB.jpg

Last edited by Peter; 16-03-2016 at 04:46 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Had to go to hospital, again, with the knee, 40cc fluid out of right knee and 30cc hydrocortisone in. Back in 6weeks to look at left joint, again.

BUT, as the 'shed' is only 5 minuets further on I popped in for a fiddle. Managed 3 hours on the CCB and all loom wires and relay and alarm fitted.

I think there are at least two wires like the dip beam, I don't need as that's done by the relay with dip as default (NC) and main as (NO).

Lost the wire for the bonnet switch to alarm, buried somewhere under all the rest, I'll find it. and that light green wire goes to the fuse box but isn't allocated to anything, guess I'll have to sort that out too.

Then it's 'just' to fit the two connection looms to the speedo and one to the 19 pin console connector and check it works and pop on the console, that's all

I thought 56 connections would be enough but only just. Next is hook in the three connections for speedo and console.
    Last edited by Peter; 16-03-2016 at 02:15 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Having recently had to haul my fat arse in and out of the car to do the elctrics sitting in the passengers seat area and thought how much easier it would be that once I got the seats back in they could raise a bit so I could just slide across to the door sill and get my knackered ol' legs out, then I sat in my BMW E30 and realised that that has such a seat, you push the side lever down and one can then lift or lower the whole seat to accommodate little people, ('er in door?) or me. If I replace the cross bars I currently have to move the runners in a bit and replace them with double hinges of unequal length it would raise the seat by 4" and tilt i forward so the top doesn't foul the roof behind the door opening.

Kinda likea;
    Seat hinge.jpg

I've got a better idea Peter... get yourself one of these:-
    0005358.JPG
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

If I could fit it in I would.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Great idea. This is how I assumed the seats were raised in the Holden Hurricane concept (also the Dodge Charger III and Toyota EX-7 from around the same time), as the mechanism appears to rotate the seat backs to vertical as they are lifted up. In each case the idea was to permit easy access across the high sill for the occupants, but for the driver this feature had to be teamed with a synchronised lift of the steering column and wheel - otherwise there just isn't enough space to get your legs out.

Engineering that feat can be done, as the previous concepts have proven, but only by adding considerable mass...

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

You talking about me again Lauren? Considerable mass indeed.
    The metal needed would replace the steel bars I use to move the runners inboard. I could lift just pushing back, after releasing a catch and onto a latch, to be released to lower, possible damped or,,,, an actuator.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Peter; 28-03-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Great idea. This is how I assumed the seats were raised in the Holden Hurricane concept (also the Dodge Charger III and Toyota EX-7 from around the same time), as the mechanism appears to rotate the seat backs to vertical as they are lifted up. In each case the idea was to permit easy access across the high sill for the occupants, but for the driver this feature had to be teamed with a synchronised lift of the steering column and wheel - otherwise there just isn't enough space to get your legs out.

Engineering that feat can be done, as the previous concepts have proven, but only by adding considerable mass...

Lauren
    Or a QD steering wheel,
    new stals and GR.jpg

I also think from my doodles that as the seat lifts up and back, dropping at the front as it does, the space under the wheel wouldn't be that much reduced, certainly enough room to swing the bionic limb out, it's getting my size 44 past the 'A' post that 's the problem with limited amount of bend-ability .

I know it's a bad thing to give Peter more ideas and fuel for thought, but have a gander at this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq6_sxLHH0M

Last edited by CyCo; 28-03-2016 at 12:09 PM.

Peter, I think the best bet is just finish it as-is and get in and drive the bloody thing! as if you leave it much longer and rework anything else driving it personally won't be an option due to mobility, and then you will start thinking about self driving cars and google etc.. and before we know it there will be a remote control Eagle taxiing passengers around the Spanish coast for a few Euro's