Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3979878889

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Not ideal but at least you’ll keep possession and get her back on the road. Take lots of photos for any future potential buyer so that they’re not scared off by the ‘write off’ statement ... there again, just ignore that coz I know you’ll never sell her!

Managed to 'have my cake and eat it', or is it, 'eat may cake and have it'?

Insurance has paid up 1038€, already in the bank as a write off BUT it has not gone on any record and my current insurance continues as if nothing happened. . They don't have classifications of "write off" as in UK.

Went to our one and only scrap yard and lo and behold they had one E30, an early 318 2dr facelift model in blue, so wings didn't have the indicator repeaters in, same as per-facelift, so Bonnet, right wing, right headlights complete with mounting and grill, for 150€ and I can buy a chrome center section bumper for 120€ leaving about 700€ for paint and bit and bobs like 20€ for the two bumper inserts .

A very good dashboard on Ebay for 150 quid (I hope, bid is in), that will find it's way down here as the guy lives in France and his brother in SE Spain. Under tray is the problem, a couple in the UK but collection only, both in the South East, (Bucks and Surrey) will not send.

I have spent an afternoon in the 'shed' getting the SS for it's move outside, gathering up all the bits and cleaning away all the crap so I can get that into a parking bay across the way in the underground and the BMW in, just for a month or less, depends on paint and parts availability.

Then of course other stuff awaits, Corsa B needs a crank seal and Mercedes the Automatic box repairing.
    Last edited by Peter; 23-02-2020 at 02:56 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Now that’s a result Peter!!

Happy days, enjoy getting her back on the road again soon!

Alistair