Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1044

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

getting the used under tray next week so looking at making a mould to knock off a few copies.
    What would be the best way, to make a mould of the inside or out side? Basally a fairly flat centre section with walls either end.
    yEl7Z5.jpg

As it is above and lay up on inside or flip it over and cover on outside?
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

I would make it with the outside surface having the finished surface.

Why make copies?? how often does it need to be replaced

What material is the oem tray made from??

If its made from steel and you want to make a fiberglass copy the fiberglass copy may end up being 2-3 times thicker.
    Last edited by Brett; 16-07-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Hi Brett
    Thanks for the input.

It is made of ABS like most under-trays or engine guard. inner mudguards, wheel arches etc.

Making some as there has been some interest in me making them from E30 owners and there are no more available anywhere outside the USA (Turner Sport etc) and they are $300 plus shipping $$$$.

I will fit the OEM one (second hand) to my E30 so I can sell the car for a good price after the last accident.

I know I can sell a few at 150€ + P&P and get my money back for the OEM one that has cost close to $300 with shipping from the UK where everything is now expensive thanks to the Brexit. idiots.-
    Last edited by Peter; 21-07-2021 at 11:30 AM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Had a call from DHL last night saying I have to pay 80+€ import duty and VAT , so that just about kills any further business with the UK.
    Last edited by Peter; 22-07-2021 at 11:37 AM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Had a call from DHL last night saying I have to pay 80+€ import duty ans VAT , so that just about kills any further business with the UK.
    Hmmm ... that’ll be Brexit ... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hmmm ... that’ll be Brexit ... nuff said

If I am but ONE person to take this attitude what of the hundreds, if not thousands of other people and companies that feel the same? Not good.

Anyway, it arrived yesterday, and I paid 78.30€ to the government so next week it goes to the 'shed' and hopefully I will b e able to make a mould of it so I came replicate it in fibre glass for sale and get my money back. It cost, in rounded figures, 150€ plus 130€ shipping plus 80€ tax and duty. so 360€ for a second hand one, I should have bought a new one from Sweden for 380€, free shipping and no tax. ho hum

New wing on the way too so should have BMW back to "excellent" condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If I am but ONE person to take this attitude what of the hundreds, if not thousands of other people and companies that feel the same? Not good.

Anyway, it arrived yesterday, and I paid 78.30€ to the government so next week it goes to the 'shed' and hopefully I will b e able to make a mould of it so I came replicate it in fibre glass for sale and get my money back. It cost, in rounded figures, 150€ plus 130€ shipping plus 80€ tax and duty. so 360€ for a second hand one, I should have bought a new one from Sweden for 380€, free shipping and no tax. ho hum

New wing on the way too so should have BMW back to "excellent" condition.
    OMG....that is close to SGD $580, seriously crazy money for a bit of plastic . you must be royally p$^&ed
    Last edited by islandman; 24-07-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    OMG....that is close to SGD $580, seriously crazy money for a bit of plastic . you must be royally p$^&ed
    Yes David That puts it mildly. I used to do a lot of trade via ebay, (1212 100% positive feedback) . but having to switch to eBay.es with some help from Goggle translate and other on-line stores like Autodoc..

Steaming mad!

Ordered a Lonovo Tablet from a seller on eBay UK and after three weeks stuck in customs they send me note saying I have to collect from local post office but turns out it was a letter wanting my details so they can "progress the shipment". I have to supply personal details, Id number etc. Copy of ID papers,, completed form, and worse of all a digital certificate from the tax office that I have to apply for on-line. and I have two days to do it all or it goes back.
    Since July 1st it seems things have really got bad re-Brexit and is making import/export to UK not only expensive but a pain in the butt. Aduana, (Customs) is "saturated" and getting worse.

As far as Ukhozi goes I haven't been able to o anything due to the accident, waiting on a wing for two weeks that was supposed to be 3 to 4 days, bloody 'drop shipper' again waiting for his supplier to send it. I have to have the car inspected before they will insure it again, for a wing?? so really buggered at the moment as only have the wife's little Corsa to share.
    Last edited by Peter; 04-08-2021 at 12:01 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Ah, this’ll be the ‘taking back control’ that the Brexiteers promised us! Hope you get some time with Ukhozi soon Peter