Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

Getting to the time in life where I am REALLY going to retire, 10 years late. I have turned down some very lucrative jobs and one guy even offered me double pay to help him get new buggy company going as he has bought second hand buggies, some as old as 8 years old., but I said no to everyone, no point in working if you can afford not to.

I am also getting there where enough is enough and I need to 'de-clutter' am seriously considering selling the SS, it seems impossible to get it legal in Spain and as no one would buy it as a track day car I will probably have to break it.

Currently paying 200€ a month for garage and storage I cannot afford so it all has to go, shed, tools, equipment, Burgman 400 and scuba gear. none of it do I need or use any more. Even the BMW E30 is going n favour of a smaller runa about, much as I love it.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Time to re evaluate and re structure your life, Peter??

Nothing wrong with that. Sounds like your making some logical decisions.

Oh! No! Your having a mid life crises.

Hope everything works out for you.

Brett

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Everything you say makes sense Peter, but I hope you can find a way to keep the SS so that when you fancy a ‘wee tinker’ in the man shed she’ll still be there for you.
    Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Currently paying 200€ a month for garage and storage
    I was renting various garages to store my Nova for probably close to 20 years! Dah.....its only after I was forced to leave one as the property was being sold that I finally realized that I should turn my monthly expense into an asset and purchased a garage instead. If only I had take that decision at the start, over the years I could have purchased a garage 3 times over with all the rent I paid during that period

Do what you can to keep the car Peter, maybe a bit of lateral thinking and you may find a way, either way you will be sorry once its gone

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Time to re evaluate and re structure your life, Peter??

Nothing wrong with that. Sounds like your making some logical decisions.

Oh! No! Your having a mid life crises. I think tha was the point I bought the SS

Hope everything works out for you.

Brett
    Bit too late for that Brett,
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

I'm happy for your retirement, but I sorry to hear that you want to sell or break it the SS, as I told you by MP, if I can help you with the legalization tell me, and if at the end you want to sell it, tell me and before break it I'll try to help you to sell it

Quote Originally Posted by badbug View Post
    I'm happy for your retirement, but I sorry to hear that you want to sell or break it the SS, as I told you by MP, if I can help you with the legalization tell me, and if at the end you want to sell it, tell me and before break it I'll try to help you to sell it
    Thanks for that, just had a 5K windfall but after paying for a funeral plan not a lot left and a sick MB A170 auto box to fix too. I know. m morbid thinking of funerals but in Span stupid expensive just for the basic disposal.

I'm not worried about my funeral expenses - when I kick the bucket it's someone else's problem. And if that means selling my Nova to pay for it, then so be it. No one else in the family shares my passion for the Nova anyway...
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Same here, I am on my own regards cars in general, let alone the SS.

The funeral plan is a must in Spain, most people take out a payment plan early in life, like the co-op. it is so bureaucratic here and involves a lot of people unless you die in hospital as an 'expected' death, like Covid-19 for instance.

Give an idea.

You pop the clogs at home. unexpected, say ticker gives out after getting the electric bill.

1st you phone the emergency and the police come and evacuate the house until cause of death is established as it is classed as a 'crime scene', comes as a second shock as she is expecting an ambulance crew, which means the wife, already stressed out, would have to stay with her mother for a few hours until she is allowed back in the house and after a few hours with her mother she would be a wreck.

Then the doctor, called by the police, (mates) give death cert' IF you pay, cash, then and there, so you need at least 160€ cash in your pocket, no credit.

Then the undertaker, called by his mate the doctor, will not take the body until there is that certificate and a cheque or credit card or an agreement or plan in place. Everyone is on commission of course.

Funeral takes place within 48 hours, usually 24hrs, so no time to grieve or organise family or friends to fly down. If you want to postpone it it would cost 500€ per day for days in refrigeration in the morgue.

OR you have a plan and ring one number and they take care of it all pre-paid. Would cost at least 3,800€ here for basic anyway so may as well get it over and done with and no worries.

Anyway, I am going to live for ever as I am not allowed to die, the wife says so.
    Last edited by Peter; 09-09-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Well, I have finally finished the repair to the BMW E30 and also fitted a drinks holder from a E46 above the ash tray area, looks very OEM, well it is I guess just not E30.

So I will be getting the SS back into the 'shed' this weekend and reassembling the interior and the engine parts disassembled due to changing engine mounts. This includes stripping the DelLortos and cleaning and resetting, again, this new ethanol loaded 95 octane fuel really gums up the drilling and accelerator pump juts when the petrol dies up.

Basically all I have to do now is the fit left seat and floor covering, make the door cards, and the 'A' post trims and secure the three parts of the dash into a solid unit. As far as the 'a' post trims go I am still undecided as to make from alloy sheet, cover and screw on or fill 'A' post with spray foam, shape and cover. Leaning towards the foam method.

After that my new pal in Malaga, Jose Miguel, who now has the only other SS in Spain (Javier's from Oviedo) will help with the legal side, so all is not lost, yet.

Cut%20out.jpg