Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1049

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

Bit of a sweet sour day, the gear selector for the A170 arrived (less dust cover) but I got refunded for the e30 under tray as it NLA., (anywhere) ,

I hate it when people don't keep their listings up to date. BMW part number 51711922249 has been NLA for ages but I was hoping some backwater (in Lithuania) might have one at a sensible price, no such luck,, so far.

There is only one on eBay but will not post to me, I don¡t understand the difficulty in writing "Spain" at the bottom of the address if I pay the courier fee

Update;
    Ex wife, (wife number one really) bought the one on eBay UK for me and daughter is using her company Hermes account to send it to me.

When it arrives I will make a mould of it before installing on te car and hopefully I can sell a few fibre glass copies from it. (I know, fibre glass and me, doomed, probably get stuck on te plasaic and I'l bust the under tray getting the mold off. no idea what to coat the plastic with to act as a release agent.,,,, Brett -David, HELP !)
    Last edited by Peter; 29-06-2021 at 12:04 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Anyone got a 3D printer.
    I need a part that is NLA from Mercedes, namely the blind on the gearshift.
    It has a through slot in the middle so I guess it would best be printed on its side. 5cm high 3mm thick 160 long.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Can you draw it?

Dirk

good old mold release wax ( 3 coats) and PVA ( 2 coats) will ensure it releases. But PVA is a bugger to get an even coat after waxing though

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    no idea what to coat the plastic with to act as a release agent.,,,, Brett -David, HELP !)
    Sorry Peter just notice this now
    Is the part painted or can it be painted. That would give it an extra layer of protection from the resin.Anyway a good coating(spray on multiple thin layers) of PVA should work. First few layers should be applied in a fog, if its in a mist its to heavy. After a couple of layers fogged on a heavier coat(mist) can be applied

If you would like I can check the dismantling yards here for your part. Just give me the year and model of the Mercedes and a picture and location of the part and where in the car its located and I'll see if I can locate the part here.
    I've seen models of Mercedes in the yards here from the 1970's to 2010's. I have no idea how much shipping will be.
    Last edited by Brett; 02-07-2021 at 02:04 AM.

Mercedes part number A1683740028 A170CDi (all automatic A-class 1995-20005) These sold for $25 but are NLA and most A-class have a broken one.
    hcGfc2.jpg
    Doodle of sizes, Does not need to be exact copy, unless you want to sell a few at $39 each ;-)

Side profile

kIJ0RH.jpg
    Top side, ribbed.

qmPWyr.jpg
    Side view
    IMG_20210702_124651_HHT.jpg
    underside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter; 02-07-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Bad news Peter

The A class didn't make it to the US till the 4th GEN W177 in 2018

Sorry Can't help you

Unless that part was put in other Mercedes vehicles.

I did a search for the part number and came up empty

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I kind of meant could you draw it in a 3D CAD program to send to a printer, but that said I think you would need a twin extruder printer one with PLA and the other with TPU or similar one is hard and the other flexible not something I could print sorry.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I kind of meant could you draw it in a 3D CAD program to send to a printer, but that said I think you would need a twin extruder printer one with PLA and the other with TPU or similar one is hard and the other flexible not something I could print sorry.

Dirk
    Thanks for the input guys.,

That's what I mean by not knowing a thing about 3D, didn't understand any of the terms.

The original is made from ABS (now I am doing it) in one shot injection moulding.

Guess I will have to put my MacGyver hat on and make something, possibly a single flexible 0.5mm sheet cut from a black office folder and a disc underneath to fill the slot or maybe using a hot glue gun and black silicon onto a impression of the underside?
    Last edited by Peter; 10-07-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Yet again I am the victim of idiots and bureaucracy and the 'Garvan' book..

Hit from BEHIND by a speeding Mini as I was changing lanes in a shopping centre prior to turning I WAS IN THE WRONG! But to add insult to injury, despite it being obvious I was hit from behind I was in the wrong? Clipped the rear bumper on the corner pushing it forwards by 2" then sliding his front tyre into the front of my front door and smashing the wing forward onto the wheel. He said I had "cut across him" but the evidence says different and if I was doing the 20KPH required what was he doing?

yQs4YF.jpg

Adding further insult to injury I was informed my car is a write off, again. 900€ plus labour for a FRONT WING?? 900€! what the hell is it made off? The insurance company, (Linia Directa, (Direct Line)) says they "only use genuine parts", well that's crap as there are no genuine BMW parts now.

I can buy a new wing, galvanised, for 57€, plus a coat of white paint and a couple of hours painting and changing it, I will have to accept the ridiculous valuation of 800€ for a 6,000€ car so I can repair it myself. so much for "fully comp'"
    Last edited by Peter; 16-07-2021 at 10:15 AM.