Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105
Results 1,041 to 1,049 of 1049

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Ah, this’ll be the ‘taking back control’ that the Brexiteers promised us! Hope you get some time with Ukhozi soon Peter

Not really. We exported quite a fair bit to the E.U. and they are adding huge charges onto the shipping that the customer has to pay when the goods are delivered. Its got so bad that we have now stopped shipping there .

But you do get blue (black) passports. Oh, could have had those anyway. and global trade deals, that no one seems in a hurry to do. and sovereignty, but had that already. control of own borders, so now there is a shortage of workers. etc etc, great idea, NOT!.

Rant over.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Got a few hours in the 'shed' yesterday so dived in and attacked the brake pipes to the rear master cylinder that was leaking, ended up a marathon as I couldn't get to the pipe nut on the cylinders outlet so 1/2 a flat at a time and then the 10mm end on the three way was too tight so I have to remove the three way and switch to get the pipe off and that needs my electric 3/8 ratchet as I can't get to the nut any other way and I ended up spending hours stripping that down to find I need a small spring and two 3mm balls to get it working properly, so it goes on.

Problem with the new starter motor, works on the bench but solid when bolted in, just clacks, I am thinking the shaft is
    too long and will need 2mm off of the tip. distance fron flange to gear is OK and diameter is OK but too long.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Starter motor back in and 3mm shorter on the shaft but now the battery has lost it's power, 12v but no amps, so although it has been on trickle charge for two days it is buggered, again, I have a stack of them in the garage at 70€ a go.

Used my Lidl spray gun for the first time with 2K alpine white on the new BMW wing and I have to say I am impressed, beautiful, shiny smooth finish, but being 2K it will be best left on the stand for at least 24 hours to dry.

Gives me hope for a nice deep black 2K finish on the SS when it is time.

8HGUKG.jpg
    NzhDQp.jpg

getting absolutely nothing done at the moment, spent all afternoon in the shed fixing my angle grinder, new carbon brushed etc, made a woodruff key and repaired the switch rod and bingo, doesn't work! So binned it and bought a new Black and Decker one Amazon for 28€ with 48hr delivery.

Still need to sort out the hydraulics and starter but not much else apart from trim so getting there.

Resprayed the bonnet and right wing on the BMW with the excellent 2K paint I did the left wing with but it show up all the scratches and dents I should have got rid of. hey ho. more elbow grease but at least it looks great if you don't get down to eyeball it. Certainly going that route with the deep black.
    IMG_20210902_144421.jpg
    All straight again,

Bought a 7200L/h irrigation pump for the stables, (40 horses now) and a 18L fruit press arrived. what a pain sending it back etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter; 22-09-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Hi Peter there's always something gets in the way of what you want to get on with .When you get round to painting the Eagle,If you want a really deep black effect add 30% 2k clear with the final 2 coats ,or better still paint car and flat with 1200 ,make sure that you haven't gone through anywhere and then 2 or 3 coats of black and 30% clear this will give you a deep black glass like finish ,always used to do this with dark colours especially blue
    Mike

Thanks Mike, I put that on the list. Trying not to use a clear coat over base as the sun just rips clear off the car, My wife's Corsa B is looking very bad because of that and will need a respray after a rip down of the old clear.

Actually managed to spend time on the SS yesterday.

I had to remove the pedal box completely as the rear brake cylinder output thread was dodgy and leaked fluid all over the floor, all done now but what a hunt went on for the flaring tool adaptor. I had the main tool that flairs female ends but I couldn't find the add on that does the male or 'bubble' flair, found it after turning the 'shed' upside down and cleaned a lot of redundant and crap stuff at the same time.

I had to be firm when throwing out new stuff I never used, either for the SS or outside work, new electrical switches, door fittings, wiring, paint roller, brushes,etc. not going down that route again so why keep it and no one would buy it.
    I gave a load of cold chisels and stuff to the Romanian guys next door who do that stuff.

Got stuck under the dash when I thought it would be better to get at the left foot well from the right seat area, wrong, took me a while to get back out and get at it from the left under the steering column, thank heaven I have a QR wheel.

Hand brake cover is proving a problem, just can't seem to get it to 'gel' with the front section. .
    Last edited by Peter; 25-09-2021 at 12:32 PM.

The Spanish Eagle SS owners are doing well.Jose Miguel de Linares and I are swapping info and I have promised the to do the 2 1/2 hour run up to see him and his red SS in Nerja soon.

Jose sent me a 24" round wall plaque he has made with the Eagle logo and "Eagle SS" around the top in gold and 'weathered' to look old, I will post a photo when my tired old brain remembers it.
    Last edited by Peter; 25-09-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Managed to get the pedal box back in and bolted down but fitting the pipes will have to wait for another day, my back and knees can only take so much.