Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

Had a great day in the 'shed' and managed to achieve some significant progress.
    Made the speedo screen, the heat and droop concave method seems to work a lot better than the convex effort and I now have a half decent speedo screen, trimmed to size and drilled for the trip/MPH-KPH button.

Stripped the lower part of the console fascia and taped it up ready for laying up a composite copy.

Soldered the wires on the other half of the 19 pin connector ready for hooking up to the central board.

Cut out the light switch boss from the steering column cowl and filled with plastic and then wrapped the sides with Carbon Fibre and fitted the Durite hazard switch.

Checked out the speedo connections worked and the radio and got the bluetooth paired up too.

Plastic in steel former.

Set and ready for trimming

Loosely fitted and drilled for trip-mph-kph knob, Speedo off, blacked out

Speedo switched on,

Radio fitted and front panel loosely dropped
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter; 09-10-2014 at 11:16 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

While I was ordering yet another bunch of wiring and connectors from V.W.P. I found two things that made me happy, one was the proper connector for the Durite hazard switch so that makes it a lot easier to remove the lower cowl and the other thing was 40mm tail grommets for an 8mm hole, just the job to replace the broken aerial 'mini rubber duck' cover on my Mercedes radio antenna.
    Should have the stuff from V.W.P. here on Monday mid-day so off to the shed Tuesday, finish the wiring from the front loom to the CCB, tidy up the relay and fuse box connections and finish the handbrake cover/glove box and fit the brackets for once and all. If I have time I will make up the steel former and plastic shape for the center console fascia panel.
    Also toying with the idea of injection moulding some Opel GTE speedo bulb holders that have been unobtainable for a while from black hot glue in a epoxy mould, saw it on you tube.
    Last edited by Peter; 17-10-2014 at 01:02 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Keep getting asked to do WORK, like in a JOB, hate it, I'm retired! But a new buggy tour company only 5 minuets down the road with half a dozen buggies needs my expertise for a couple of hours a day so I'm going to help him out, money will compensate for loss of shed time and keep things on track.

Wiring nearing the end and console wired up and awaiting on Luc's super composite compound stuff so I can make the fascia.

Looking at my speedo cover I'm am thinking none reflective film for monitors.

Trying to find a 'shed' nearer home but it seems I am paying silly cheap money for the one I have so even 37Km each way it is still the best deal, so far, but I am looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    ......Trying to find a 'shed' nearer home but it seems I am paying silly cheap money for the one I have so even 37Km each way it is still the best deal, so far, but I am looking.
    Perhaps the guys with the buggys can find you a space...would work for them as well as you would be 'on call' more often.

Steve

They have a space but hoping to 'grow into it' in the next 12 months and I have a requirement for about 96M2 so not exactly a quite corner. I pay about 120 quid a month but near me it's treble that. If I do take on a unit I will need to generate at least 500 a month just to pay for the 'shed' but if I can combine it with a workshop for the buggies it could work, but, I'm supposed to be retired not flogging my arse off working to pay for a place to work in.

Beware of thin composite cutting disc in the angle grinder. I had one shatter whilst cutting a M10 stainless bolt and the grinder jumped from my hand and bit me in the midriff causing a nasty gash on the tum and a couple of cuts in my left middle finger, PAIN? nope, didn't feel a thing, no sense no feeling? But I am pissed of about my best black Pierre Cardin T shirt though.

Wiring is still going slowly but I have made progress in the console and hope to have some special composite materials from Brussels next week to mess up and if all goes well I should have the new fascia done by about the 10th.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Yipes! Hope the damage isn't too serious.

I use 1mm cutting discs a lot, haven't had one shatter on me yet, but I always treat my angle grinder with a healthy respect, anything whizzing round at 8,000 rpm is scary!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Yipes! Hope the damage isn't too serious.

I use 1mm cutting discs a lot, haven't had one shatter on me yet, but I always treat my angle grinder with a healthy respect, anything whizzing round at 8,000 rpm is scary!

Lauren
    Tempted to photo the damage but a photo of my naked center section might be too much for some people and I would want you to get too excited.

I'm out of hospital and obviously still alive, (sorry ) big hole in left of neck where a large fatty cyst was removed, somewhat deeper that thought and certainly best out as they can go septic. So off 'work' (if I had any) for a few days and it is starting to make it's absence known, paracetamol to the rescue.
    Must say the small 'state' hospital in Benalmadina is super fantastic, very friendly, OCD clean and service was exemplary, top marks for state medical services in Spain. Everyone arrived on cue a couple of minuets apart and did a great job.
    Only downside was I had a 'nervous stomach' and projectile vomit for 12 hours until I was 'under' the sedative.

As the new TV advert for "Spanish made" mobile phones says, quote,"fuckin' Spaniards" , they keep changing the laws about lights, now my nice new sidelight/indicators/fogs legal in August are illegal as since September they do not comply to R87 E4 and are not certified as such, don't know quite how to get around that as I can't claim they were OEM 1995 fitments and I don't have Homologation certificates. Maybe if I fit smoked cover as intended they cannot see the E4 marks or I can emboss E4 marks on the covers.
    Attached Images Attached Images