Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

I cheated and bought it. I don't have a key as such.
    https://tinyurl.com/yaagv8ft

I connected the one blue immobiliser to +30 live from battery and the other side to a multi-connector labeled ACC, then connected the the radio ign' and starter button relay to that, so the ignition/dash/pump/indicators/lights (+15) and starter are dead until the start buttons relay is activated and then a second press to start and a third press to stop.

That way I can have the radio on or any other device without having the whole car active. Just like having position 2 (ACC) on the key, just by being in the car.

I am sure other combinations could be used too, a lot of the features such as anti-hijack, programing etc featured with the kit can be ignored, I have just the basic connections.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

On an up note I did manage to get the electrics all done, finally and completely, with everything doing what it should, when it should, so, approach within 4 meters and the transponder activates the ACC circuit, (radio etc) and enables the start/stop button, either press brake pedal and start button and off you go or press button once to switch in all +15 ignition/pump/lights etc and then start. press once more and it all dies. walk away and the transponder kills all circuits. cool.
    Just a final touch with transponder's blue LED and buzzer to be discreetly placed in the console and it can all be fitted.

Might be a while as I just got over a particularly nasty strain of flu that has killed 426 people in Spain this winter I had a fever of 39c+ (103F) THREE TIMES in four days so just the headaches and stiffness to get over now..

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Hi Peter,
    Sounds like the work you've just managed to complete has been food for the soul ... keep going, and hopefully it'll speed up your full recovery!
    Alistair

Nice one, and do you have an over ride switch discreetly placed if ever the transponder fails?

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Nice one, and do you have an over ride switch discreetly placed if ever the transponder fails?

Dirk
    No, It is a solid state so just as reliable as 90% of cars today that all have a similar system with transponder keys.
    As all the electrics are behind the console I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to short the two wires but maybe a switch might be a good idea.

So where am I at the moment?
    Having just got over the 'killer' flu which dammed near saw me off I am back and plodding on.

I did the ACC wire for the radio so just the blue LED and buzzer for the proximity switch to build in and the console can be fitted finally.

The two tiny 'blind spot' cameras that sit behind the door openings work but the only place to put the 4" screens are in front of the steering wheel. The right hand side pod of the dash is OK and can be fitted but the left side will need an aperture 8" x 3" made, not too difficult but it will have to be in front of the duct pipe as I don't fancy changing all that. I will place a switch for the monitors in the small space to the right of the steering wheel below the centre line trim so I can turn them on or off.

Having decided that a front wheel ABS ring is the best way to send the correct pulses to the Astra GTe digi-dash I just need to get the correct number of pulses sorted. Every time I ask on a forum for the Corsa I get conflicting advise and most people go on about the switches on the speedo for differ size wheels and the different transponder in the gear box, none of which is relevant as I just need to know "how many pulses reach the speedo every mile at 60 MPH", I can then engineer that into the number of teeth at 740 wheel revs per mile. i.e. 15000 Pulses Per Mile / 740 wheel revs Per Mile = 20 pulses (teeth) per rev. The nearest so far is the later transponder does 6 pulses per rev and two revs per wheel rev so 12 pulses per wheel rev (8880), but that is on a 175/65-13" wheel and I have 15" (235/60-15) ??

Or I will have to fit my drill with a disc and a strobe strip for my strobe rev' counter and set it at 740RPM connected to the speedo and add 'teeth until I get 60 mph on the clock. but I need a starting point.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Interested to see your rear-view camera as it's something I'm thinking about.
    I got this error clicking on your pics:

Oops, there was an error!

Guests do not have access to download attachments. Please log in and try again.

I would have thought it would only be a few hours to work it out backwards if you are able to have a fixed RPM and a known number of pulses calculate the error and adjust. If you have a way to measure it you could knock up a simple 555 timer to give you a pulse generator without using the drill and disc?

Dirk

Peter,

Google ARDUINO (raspberrypi etc) as this little brain with the correct code will intercept your pulse wheel & send what ever signal you like to your speedo.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Peter,

Google ARDUINO (raspberrypi etc) as this little brain with the correct code will intercept your pulse wheel & send what ever signal you like to your speedo.

Bushboy
    Good idea but I'm trying to use as little electronics on the speedo as possible so a simple sensor reading teeth is the way I want to go, I just need to know how many pulses, The Astra GTe on 14" wheels has a transducer on the gearbox and has 12 pulses per rev and 2 revs per wheel rev so 24 pulses per wheel rev, * 853 wheel revs per mile is 20472 per mile about 26 teeth., so that seems a lot compared to the 773 on the Maestro speedo.