Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 LastLast

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

Oh no, you can't break it up Peter, I'm pretty sure there's a law against that (or if there isn't there should be). If all else fails can't you sell it complete for someone in the UK (assuming it was previously registered here)?

Having said that...how much do you want for the Engine, and can you deliver to Scotland?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Peter,It truly sucks that it would cost you so much to register it, and that you don’t have it.

However, on cold hard reflection what is it you really enjoy about it……it’s the designing and process of making parts for it right? So as Winston Churchill said, just KBO “Keep Buggering On”!! They can’t stop you refining it, making parts, redoing bits etc…. and if that makes you happy and gives you pleasure then continue on that path. Who knows Spain may leave the EU one day and rules relax (I mean who would have thought it would happen to the UK) 😉

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Pete
    I’ll have your wilwoods !!!!
    Keep the car, enjoy your passion for tinkering.
    And when you pass, get buried in it with the phrase” I tried to drive it “ as an epitaph!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    I’m with the others Peter ... don’t break her, just keep tinkering.

Is there anywhere nearby like an old aerodrome or similar where you could take a leaf out of Mark’s book and trail her there then let rip on private ground?

Alistair

Blog Entries
    Don't do it man...
    at *least* give it a month or two and see if you feel the same way later on in the year.

This sounds like something you will regret later.

You could always move back here and suffer the rubbish weather with the rest of us, at least you will get the car on the road.

Dirk

Its the Journey not the Destination

If I were told tomorrow that I may never be allowed to drive again, would I still be building my cars?

Damn sure would! Some of us are builders and some are drivers. Some a little of both. Which one are you Peter? Do whatever makes you happy. But like with every big decision, give it the proper time for processing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I’m with the others Peter ... don’t break her, just keep tinkering.

Is there anywhere nearby like an old aerodrome or similar where you could take a leaf out of Mark’s book and trail her there then let rip on private ground?

Alistair
    There is Ascari, near Rhonda but it's for the well heeled, Fazzers, Lambo etc.

The thing about the Costa's is if it doesn't involve lots of money (corruption usually) it doesn't happen, it's either development or golf.
    Last edited by Peter; 07-10-2019 at 10:39 AM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Much as I love working on it and have done for 15 years, making stuff (for other people too), I can't justify 145€ a month to just sit there 40 Km away for a monthly visit with no chance of it ever legally being on the road.

It would cost about 1,000€ to transport to the UK and it's now a LHD too. easy to change rack etc, with center consul etc.but still.

Still to be done would be, A post trims and door cards, bleed brakes, tune carbs, again. tidy up bodywork.

Engine alone cost me more than some Novas, over 2,500€ in parts alone, one day I will do a detailed price up but I would probably end in divorce if the wife saw it. Brakes come with the vented discs which cost more than they should so we are talking in the 100s.

The rest of it, is of no interest locally as it can't be used and it would be too expensive to ship parts anywhere, Spanish post and couriers are dammed expensive. I once bought an exhaust for the BMW from Hamburg, 17€ DHL, return by same route, same DHL from Spain 57€ go figure. ( sold it locally).

It was viable when I was younger and working but now on a £710 a month pension (for couple, and 700€ a month rent) so I have to work at odd jobs to get by. To work officially I would have to pay 'autonimo' self employment and that is 300€ a month, whether you earn or not and who would give a 74 year old guy a 'proper' job these days, it's all young, cheap and stupid and on 'illegal' self employed contracts where the employee pays the tax and insurance out of their basic pay which should be paid by the employer. and a lot of cheap east European labour who work illegally for peanuts.
    Rant over

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Is the problem registering the car just a Spanish problem or is it an EU wide thing ?
    If it's just a problem in Spain, could you not sell it complete to say someone in Germany ?

Your garage rent does seem expensive, I was paying £13 a week to a housing association for a garage in the same town I live in (I thought that was expensive).

I hope you don't loose the car mate.