Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293

Thread: Peter's Eagle SS

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    That's excellent, Debs says that's me I keep asking Alexa when my order is coming and get the same answer next week.

Dirk
    At least you get an answer ... I don't think Alexa understands my Scottish accent ... I find myself shouting at her several times simply to get her to play local radio!

As I can't get to my workshop I built one at home-
    Mt dear wife bought , at great expense, a monthly magazine with a monthly built it model garage of the 70's.
    15 years later I have managed to get it built, took two weeks almost full time but now ready for final detailing.
    It's in1:18 scale so a spanner is 2mm long, tiny.

Since then scratch made a pair of ramps and working on a small compressor.

I put my short range specs on the car as an idea as to how tiny 1:18 is.

my garage 1.jpg
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    That’s brilliant Peter ... we’ll done!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    That’s brilliant Peter ... we’ll done!
    Thanks, ASD has it's advantages.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Very cool :-)

Dirk

Back to work-ish, although strictly speaking, and my god these Spanish rules are strict, we shouldn't be unless a "vital worker" or unable to work from home", I had to risk going to the stables first and then 45 minuets to the workshop. I passed a couple of check points without being stopped thank heaven as it could have meant a nasty fine as I was "out of my local area". Unlike the UK things are not "advised", it's the law.

I had to remove the rear swing arm from an Aeon Cobra 180RS quad that had broken and weld the two parts together and reinforce it too, not too big a job but the next day was spent mostly in a hot tub with lots of Radox easing my aches and pains, I am certainly not as young as I was, that's for sure.

We are entering 'stage 2' on Monday and a little more freedom and more places open but no shopping centers or big stores, must be under 400M2 so I hope in another week or ten days we go to 'stage 3' and the bigger shops can open as I need a lot of stuff from the local Chinese shop that sells everything.

Trying to find a 400cc or 500cc utility quad for the stables, CHEAP, a fixer-upper will do, as the poor little Cobra is struggling, not power wise as I have geared the GY6 way down as the ranch is quite hilly from paddock to paddock but chassis wise, hence the broken rear swing arm, it needs a bigger, tougher vehicle to tow all that horse crap about and 33 horses produce 40 buckets of it a day. There are a couple of old Honda quads on Ebay (400 to 500 pounds) that would be great but they are in the UK and Spanish prices are stupid expensive, even for a really old one.
    Last edited by Peter; 17-05-2020 at 12:30 PM.