Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Paddy's Nova Mk2

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Love the old skool look of those rear tyres - can you remind me what tread width, profile and rim width combination you are using?
    Rears are 225/60/15 on 15x9" rims
    Fronts are 195/65/15 on 15x6" rims

Some doubt in my mind about the rim width on the front, but think that is correct.

9" rims could certainly take wider rubber if you were so inclined

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Never be afraid to stand out from the crowd!

Question to the collective please.
    The wiper wiring comes down through one of the roof tubes.
    Do the holes in that tube face forwards or backwards?

Thanks
    Steve

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddyX21 View Post
    Rears are 225/60/15 on 15x9" rims
    Fronts are 195/65/15 on 15x6" rims

Some doubt in my mind about the rim width on the front, but think that is correct.

9" rims could certainly take wider rubber if you were so inclined

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Paddy - the rears look the business, exactly the kind of 1970s old skool supercar look I was after for my Compos (also 15 x 9). You front specification is also very close to my own, as I have 185/65/15s on a 7 x 15 rim.

I appreciate 9" rims can take a much wider tyre, but that would undermine the aesthetic - and with only 95 tired Italian ponies to hand, would just slow me down!

Quote Originally Posted by steve_d View Post
    Question to the collective please.
    The wiper wiring comes down through one of the roof tubes.
    Do the holes in that tube face forwards or backwards?

Thanks
    Steve
    Hi Steve - there should be a hole in the drivers side hinge base between the front and back hinge mounts. This is for the wiper wiring harness to pass through. I can't remember if the holes are in the front or rear hinge bar, but whichever one they are in, the holes should face towards the harness hole in the middle of the hinge base. From memory the holes are in the front hinge bar and they face backwards.

Anyway, the idea is to get the wires into the canopy with the minimum of acute angles, so whatever works best in that regard. You will need to drill into the canopy skin to route the cables through to the wiper motor. Stiff wire followed by a piece of string and much fiddling about will probably be required!

Getting very close to completion now!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Thanks Paddy - the rears look the business, exactly the kind of 1970s old skool supercar look I was after for my Compos (also 15 x 9). You front specification is also very close to my own, as I have 185/65/15s on a 7 x 15 rim.

I appreciate 9" rims can take a much wider tyre, but that would undermine the aesthetic - and with only 95 tired Italian ponies to hand, would just slow me down!

Lauren
    If it helps the tyres are Falken Ziex ZE-912 on the rear and 914 on the front. They aren't a properly retro tread, but they aren't super modern looking either.

Ideally a slightly wider tyre would match the aesthetic I was after, but that is not to say I'm unhappy with what I've achieved.

My tyre fitter said he did have some 235's with the same or similar side wall profile, but as they were factory fit to a 70's Ferrari then they cost as you would expect them to, too much!

Thanks for the info.
    The hinge plate does not have a hole but it soon will have.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by steve_d View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    The hinge plate does not have a hole but it soon will have.

Steve
    I can't remember where it did run before, been far too long since I first took the canopy off!

What are the major outstanding jobs from your perspective Steve?

Just a quick update to show that this is still ticking over nicely

The first trial fit up of the Frankenstein exhaust I purchased from the VW/Subaru conversion crowd through Facebook.

And again after a little fettling by Steve - I imagine this still pokes out a bit far mind

And, of course, the all important bit - it sounds like this!

And in other news...

I'm pretty happy as it goes lol!

Awesome growl from that exhaust, very nice indeed . Nearly blew that box off the shelf . One job ticked off the list, another one added..... redesign of the rear end to hide the exhaust hanging down

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Awesome growl from that exhaust, very nice indeed . Nearly blew that box off the shelf . One job ticked off the list, another one added..... redesign of the rear end to hide the exhaust hanging down
    Thanks

For the moment the exhaust will just have to stay relatively exposed - priority is roadworthy and MOT'd, it needed the exhaust for this.
    A final design may end up being quite different to hide away better, and I'd rather two single tips at the edge of the bumper, rather than twin middle.

The tip may still require shortening so as not to stick out quite so much, but bodywork will stay as is.

Most important for me was to get hold of the RJES cast manifolds, as they offer the best possible ground clearance for this engine

Now that sounds very nice indeed 😀