Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning:AUKC contender

If I come across the photo again, I'll post it. Someone took one of these, spray painted it bright gold - including the wheels, threw some gold glitter into the mix and fashioned a large pointed crown and fixed it on the roof. He called it the 'Popemobile' and was trying to sell it on eBay, I think.

I've got to find that photo.....

nigelf
    I know the one you're thinking of, Rick. It went on eBay for about £650. If you search for Hustler in cars on eBay UK and tick the completed listings option, you'll find it. Try this link, but I think you have to log in to search completed listings. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-Based-Kit-Ca ... dZViewItem

Mind you, that one was (relatively) normal being made out of fibreglass. It was used for the Carnival Queen, hence the crown and gold paintwork.

I confess I got all nostagic when I first saw that one.

That's it! How weird/awful is that thing?

They could have used that one in 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert'! Watched that with the Mrs - fascinated to see Agent Smith (Matrix) as a convincing Drag Queen :roll:
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*