Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Jon's Nova

Nice one Jon.
    Get the pics flowing as really looking forward to seeing your ideas..

Finally!!! I must admit I do know that feeling, I feel like I've done nothing on my cars for 2 years due to work and other crap

Finally getting some mojo back, so clearing out the garage in preparation for the arrival of my engine in January

DSCN0053.jpg
    Mi amas mian Nova

well looks like your starting to amass the right toys (Tools)

Looking forward to seeing you make more progress. It's not a race (I had my car for 7 years before I even started to work on it - then it took me another 4.5 years before I finally got it road legal and it's still not finished), it's an obsession
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Nice man cave 👍

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Nice bit of space is that a UN1 gearbox for the Nova? They are worth some money now, I wish I had bought a few when I got mine for £100 (hind sight hay)

Dirk

Thanks for the comments folks. I received my engine this week (at least the crate's in my panel van, I've yet to unload it) so this is the first time I've had all the bits together in the same place since 2009. Oh, apart from the exhaust header which is still in Peterborough I think. Anyway, work will be recommencing.

Dirk - yes, that's a UN1. The original gearbox was an NG3, but it was only rated up to 200BHP. So I'm replacing it with the UN1, which has had a few internal upgrades including a Quaife LSD. First task on the chassis is to modify the silencer mountings & extend the exhaust header, as the UN1 is about 10cm longer than the original NG3 .
    Mi amas mian Nova

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Hi Jon,

I bet it feels really great to get everything back in one place again, and you have such a fabulous uncluttered man cave in which to work away at it.

I've been 'dormant' since the end of last summer, and I reckon it's not just the cold weather but the thought of working in cramped conditions (body suspended above the chassis) with tools, etc, scattered all over the place. The recent photo of your spacious garage has inspired me to make a serious attempt to declutter my garage so that I stand a decent chance of getting going again ... before I get too old!!

Looking forward to hearing (and seeing) how you get on.

Cheers, Alistair

I only had three criteria when I was house hunting: a double garage to build the Nova, a dungeon to hang my armour, and a good kitchen (I like cooking). The fact that the house also has a bedroom is a bonus
    Mi amas mian Nova