Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 LastLast

Thread: Micks Red Nova

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Looking very good, you are making great progress now.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    Today was just as windy with showers so no video yet but I took these pics yesterday.

I realise is not very ‘Nova’ shaped, but I’m currently using just the tub part of the old body to test things.

Looking good, a Steve McHugh inspired creation . I'm really looking forward to seeing this chassis install progress

Hi just looking at your impressive build pictures in particular the gear change mechanism do you by any chance have the approx length of the gear change cables as mine being from a fwd are to short, just trying to avoid making pivot and the finding or making short second cables
    Thanks Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    Hi just looking at your impressive build pictures in particular the gear change mechanism do you by any chance have the approx length of the gear change cables as mine being from a fwd are to short, just trying to avoid making pivot and the finding or making short second cables
    Thanks Mike
    Mike

I will try and get a tape measure on the one that runs over the top of the engine if I can.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Today’s tasks included fitting a flip-rear to my Nova

Obviously, the zip-ties give the game away

and fitting the MGTF exhaust to cut down the noise.

Unfortunately, the excitement of having a working clutch a couple of days ago has disappeared today as the ‘brand new’ clutch master cylinder appears to be not sealing on the down stroke properly as I can hear fluid squirting back into the reservoir, so you can’t hold the clutch depressed for more than a couple of seconds. Although brand new I’ve had it for 2 years, fitted but not used. So it looks like I’m gonna need another one ..

Oh well, it’s only money.

Mick
    Last edited by MicksRedNova; 24-05-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

Mike, as the metal pars of a master cylinder very rarely give problems, there is only a body and a piston after all, it's usually the seals that go, so a set of seals for a few pence and half an hour to change them might be a better deal?

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Mike, as the metal pars of a master cylinder very rarely give problems, there is only a body and a piston after all, it's usually the seals that go, so a set of seals for a few pence and half an hour to change them might be a better deal?
    Hi Peter

Yes, I already had the cylinder apart to investigate but don’t think the bit that’s leaking is replaceable. The cylinder was an aftermarket landrover part from a 4x4 shop, cheap enough to throw away. I think I should have bought a ‘name brand’ one from a proper supplier.

Just ordered a replacement from CBS

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    Mike

I will try and get a tape measure on the one that runs over the top of the engine if I can.

Mick
    Mike

Approx 78 inches, give or take a few inches either way. There are 2 cables, I measured the one that runs from the stick up over the engine and down to the box linkage. The other I think is shorter and runs under the engine to the box linkage.

Mick
    Last edited by MicksRedNova; 24-05-2020 at 05:56 PM.
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

Thanks Mick that give me something to go on as a reference the alfa ones are only 44in and won't reach Thanks
    Mike

Sounds like the same setup as the two Dazon 1100 buggys, (Fiat/Dazon engines) I worked on. ended up having the long cable made but they still got it wrong, absolutely vital to get the measurements right regarding free play etc. Ended up having to cut the liner back as there wasn't enough room for the rod the enter the cable.
    Last edited by Peter; 26-05-2020 at 10:22 AM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl