Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374

Thread: Micks Red Nova

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Its all so wrong, but so cool also !!!!

Nice to have new shiney bits to play with, definitely progress being made. As I said before what a great way of visualising planning with a cut up body. Seeing it like that you can definitely see what possibilities exist for a lifting front end

New body for MRN2 now sitting on my drive

Thanks to Ray for lending me the trailer and Bushboy for doing all the hard work patching the glass and storing it for so long.
    After a trip to Essex and back I now have all the bits to start the restoration proper.

Mick

Actually, I just realised I still need a rear valance. So if anyone has a half decent one let me know.
    Last edited by MicksRedNova; 08-10-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Nice one. See you at Stones with it then?

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    New body for MRN2 now sitting on my drive .... Actually, I just realised I still need a rear valance. So if anyone has a half decent one let me know.[/B]
    You're making great progress Mick! The rear of the Nova is probably the one area which undergoes the most alteration by owners, mainly to try to hide the engine/exhaust, etc. I suspect you won't have the same problem with the position of your engine in the chassis, so a neat original Mk1 rear valance like Lauren's would probably look just perfect (if you can find one!)

Alistair

PS - since posting the above I've been looking at photos of MGF rears and Nova Mk1 rears, and wonder if the 2 could be merged? What's in my mind is taking the section from the MGF below the number plate and blending it into the lower area of the Nova rear a few inches up, ie NOT simply attaching it as a 'bolt on' below. Would need to do lots of measuring and visualisations, but it could be a nice wee 'nod' to the donor car in the final design?
    Last edited by BlueNova; 08-10-2017 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Afterthought added as a 'PS'

Exciting stuff Mick! I guess it's out with the jigsaw next?
    It's a 49 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    Exciting stuff Mick! I guess it's out with the jigsaw next?
    You're right, almost. Cardboard templates first, based on the final cuts in the prototype, apart from the rear end that I havn't offered up yet.

First I must check whether the new body is a mk1, as that will affect template usage due to the extra inch in the tub.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

At a glance, I would say not a Mk1, as it doesn't appear to have the roof socket holes - unless they've been neatly filled in.....
    It's a 49 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Nice one Mick. i guess we will be up to see you soon.

Excellent Mick, looking forward to seeing your progress