Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Micks Red Nova

Hybrid View

Micks Red Nova

Things are coming along nicely - a few more things sorted (or started). I discovered that the lights I sourced for the back-end can also be used on the front as the pods fit the slope of the front undertray.
    The lights from a Fiat Coupe were originally indicator / reversing but I intend to use them as LED indicator repeater / side light:

Not sure if they may be too low and not conform to some regulation - can always take the lamps out and use the pods as air intakes to cool the front discs

Also decided to fill the gap at the side of the headlamp area - first one done.

And am considering cutting the bonnet (at the blue line) and glassing the top section in permanently, and then making the front section front hinged.

As the space under this area is unusable for anything significant and will allow me to open the bonnet with the roof open (which otherwise you can't do if it's front hinged).

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Wearing out on the inner tread is too much toe OUT, needs toe IN.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Wearing out on the inner tread is too much toe OUT, needs toe IN.
    ????? That's what I said Peter.
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

So you did, forgive me, I'm an old fool

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So you did, forgive me, I'm an old fool
    Peter got something right....Peter got something right

Seriously Peter, what would cause one tyre to wear on the out side.

Lets not Hijack Mick's threaed so answer in the right setion

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

So Mick,

What was it like on the way hoem in the wet?

Mine was terable, so much that we stopped at a sevices as I thought we had a very soft rear tyre. It was tram tracking all over the place.

Spent 50p on some free air and fount the front left on the soft side of soft.

30 PSi all round fixed the rest of the very slow trip home.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Theory is yes but I wouldn't recommend it, you can use bit of 'rebar' from the other end.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk

Mick, i have a press if you fancy a bash at doin them yourself. not a difficult job if you have the right tools. also fabricated a long slide hammer to pull out the roller bearing bushes inside the beam. bit tricky that one because they do take some beating, but doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Mick, i have a press if you fancy a bash at doin them yourself. not a difficult job if you have the right tools. also fabricated a long slide hammer to pull out the roller bearing bushes inside the beam. bit tricky that one because they do take some beating, but doable.
    Thanks Gary. I'll see when they turn up, how much energy I can muster. I'll give you a call. I was expecting them Saturday morning, but didn't come. I assume I fell into the "working day" trap with GSF. it would have been quicker to drive to a GSF and collect them.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

Congratulations. Well done.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart 4 turbo using Tapatalk