Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Micks Red Nova

The better reg' is the Malpassi Filter King with built in filter bowl but yeah, 60 notes and I just binned one

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

But there's only one carb, where's the other one
    http://jimsnova.page.tl/
    Club Nova / avante membership 031

Quote Originally Posted by jimcub View Post
    But there's only one carb, where's the other one
    Just adds complication Jim. Keep it simple, keep it working.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

True words Mick, I can vouch for that!
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Whilst polishing MicksRedNova at CarFest recently I noticed that the inside edge of the front tyres was wearing badly. On closer inspection I discovered that both tyres were bald as a baby's bum on the inside 2 inches. We debated my steering geometry at length and came to the conclusion that the camber compensator probably needed adjusting. However, next morning Bushboy, Iain, Jim and I had a long look at the front of the car from a distance and there was significant Toe-Out visible . That would account for the excessive tyre squeel and crap steering. With Bushboys help and a piece of string I put 2 whole turns on the track rod to get some Toe-In and the steering felt so much better on the hill climb and drive home.

You may recall that I replaced the steering box, track rod end and steering damper last year, followed by a visit to ********************* to get the tracking set. The laser gizmo didnt work well on the Nova and in the end the KF guy said he would set the tracking neutral. Since then I have done a trip to Stones, a trip to Castle Combe and CarFest. Thats probably less than 600 miles and has killed a pair of tyres. Thanks *********************.
    So today I splashed £150 on tyres. It's about time I suppose because the tyres were on the wheels when I bought them back in 2005 and I dont know how long the previous guy had them.
    You may say that I should have been checking the tyres more regularly and noticed they were wearing badly, which is true.

Anyway I now have some Goodyear rubber, the same as I have been running on my tin-top for the past 2 years, all ready for next years thrash round Castle Combe
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

Best tyres to have other than Pirelli, still think you should have some redress with the ********************* prat, did you keep the receipt for the work done, that would prove how many miles you have done since the tracking adjustment and on my old receipts they checked and entered the tread depth across the tyres. I don't care how bad a driver or not you are but on a rear wheel drive car there is no reason tread at front on both tyres scrubs right down on inside unless badly adjusted, get trading standards in and Keith take your pills and calm down lol.
    Phi 1.618 is more universal than pi 3.142

Wearing out on the inner tread is too much toe OUT, needs toe IN.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Wearing out on the inner tread is too much toe OUT, needs toe IN.
    ????? That's what I said Peter.
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

So you did, forgive me, I'm an old fool

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So you did, forgive me, I'm an old fool
    Peter got something right....Peter got something right

Seriously Peter, what would cause one tyre to wear on the out side.

Lets not Hijack Mick's threaed so answer in the right setion

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"