Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saphier

Imagine you've out on the razz, and you've pulled, and you're going to take her back to yours for "coffee". You turn the corner and wave the keys to......THAT!!!! what a passion killer that must have been, you'd have more chance on a tandem!!! Although if she was desperate, a 6 foot matress on the bonnet and windscreen
    Follow my Avante Build - Target = Stoneleigh 2012 Definitely!!

Quote Originally Posted by JemP
    Imagine you've out on the razz, and you've pulled, and you're going to take her back to yours for "coffee".
    Your out on the who and you've done what and your going where now?
    I'm with on the mattress though...
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416

UK and USA, two nations seperated by a common language

It could be worse, i could break into Brummie. think Noddy Holder but turn right off the M5 Confused? i don't blame you

Thank God Nova is Nova all over!!!

except in the US where it's an old Chevy.
    1975 Sterling
    215 ci Buick V8
    Sterling in Garage! Back to work!

. think Noddy Holder but turn right
    I thought Noddy Holder was a something you put your beer can in to keep it cool, then I found out that he was a singer & couldn't hold a beer at all

bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy
    . think Noddy Holder but turn right
    I thought Noddy Holder was a something you put your beer can in to keep it cool, then I found out that he was a singer & couldn't hold a beer at all

bushboy
    Noddy Holder is a singer??????? To be fair though, when you hear Noddy, you bloody well know its time to do the Xmas shopping!!!!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nbb350
    except in the US where it's an old Chevy.
    Or in the rest of the UK where it is an unloved Vauxhall. Or a defunct fashion magazine. Or an exploding star. Or...

Didn't I read somewhere that Chevy Novas sold badly in Mexico where "nova" (at least the pronounciation) means "doesn't go" in Spanish?

A bit like Elva (a contraction of "elle va" - she goes), but opposite

But you're right Jem, there's not a lot to like about this car, however to say it. But you never know - 10 years ago the sight of Smart car would have had people rolling in the aisles, but now they're treated like some trendy fashion accessory. Probably still not pulling material, especially in the midlands, but you get my point...

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Yes Lauren I get your point, although I think that beast was ugly then, and ugly now. sort of like a Bond Bug but without the...... er without the.... What was it with the Bond Bug????

A nice, orange, three wheeled Nova?
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Exactly!

And chassis engineer John Crosthwaite (ex-BRM, Lotus, etc.) made a 4 wheel Bond Bug that handled like it was on rails (front mid-engined, see?). WMC later made a kit version with a Mini front subframe. Nice.

Its only the details that let the Bug down today - ugly exterior hinges, chrome wing mirrors, black and chrome bump strip etc.

For 3-wheelers, the 2F1R (tadpole) layout is best for handling, like the venerable 1930's Morgan or the latterday Grinall Scorpion.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!